Monster Trucks - Truck This Tire Fire

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Bob_McMillan said:
Also, what is a tire fire? I know its a place in whatever town the Simpsons live in, but I don't get why you would bother burning tires on purpose.
People generally don't burn them on purpose, but there have been incidents where a tire dump has caught fire. The smoke is extremely noxious and the fire is usually very difficult to put out.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Can't say I'm at all surprised. I first learned of the movie's existence via movie poster while on my way out from seeing Rouge One a few weeks ago and both my brother and I were in both awe and confusion as to what in the fuck we were looking at. Then I found out that it was a Nickelodeon movie and what little hope there was for it quickly vanished. Seriously, has Nick made even one even passable movie in the last ten years? Because if it has I don't remember hearing of it.

The Ditz

Lord of the Never There
Dec 18, 2012
008Zulu said:
On a somewhat related tangent; Why do Americans spell Tire (as in a car) and Tire (as working to the point of exhaustion) the exact same way?

FYI, here in Australia, we spell it Tyre (as in a car), so there is no confusion.
That's silly, now people will confuse tires with the one handed god, Tyr (like ye olde English or something). Also, intercourse and the distinction between xx/xy, are both called sex. We have this thing called context to help us, no one is going to mix up the two. This argument is beginning to tyre me.

O.T.
Oil companies evil? animal powered trucks? child like writing and an obsession with trucks? How subversive! Finally a way to get republicans on board with green energy. Sure we'll have to talk them out of jamming horses under their hood or having dogs pull their trucks, but at least there will be some evolution on their end.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
And several thousand L.A. waiters, baristas and gas station attendants who have been patiently polishing their screenplays by night in the hopes that some day they'll find someone to make an elevator pitch to say to themselves, "You know where my next paycheck is going? Vodka."

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The Rogue Wolf said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Also, what is a tire fire? I know its a place in whatever town the Simpsons live in, but I don't get why you would bother burning tires on purpose.
People generally don't burn them on purpose, but there have been incidents where a tire dump has caught fire. The smoke is extremely noxious and the fire is usually very difficult to put out.
Ah, now I understand why it would be in the Simpsons.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Fijiman said:
Can't say I'm at all surprised. I first learned of the movie's existence via movie poster while on my way out from seeing Rouge One a few weeks ago and both my brother and I were in both awe and confusion as to what in the fuck we were looking at. Then I found out that it was a Nickelodeon movie and what little hope there was for it quickly vanished. Seriously, has Nick made even one even passable movie in the last ten years? Because if it has I don't remember hearing of it.
Nickelodeon has just been terrible lately. Just look up what they did to the guy who created Harvey Beaks. Or refusing to announce new TMNT.

Apr 17, 2009
The Ditz said:
008Zulu said:
On a somewhat related tangent; Why do Americans spell Tire (as in a car) and Tire (as working to the point of exhaustion) the exact same way?

FYI, here in Australia, we spell it Tyre (as in a car), so there is no confusion.
That's silly, now people will confuse tires with the one handed god, Tyr (like ye olde English or something). Also, intercourse and the distinction between xx/xy, are both called sex. We have this thing called context to help us, no one is going to mix up the two. This argument is beginning to tyre me.
Old Norse, as it happens. In Old English he's called Tiw, pronounced something like "Chew". Like Thursday is Thor's Day, Tuesday is Tiw's Day. Now I must return to the Earth, for my trenches are calling. Archaeology, away!

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Reminds me of the Attack Pack toys from when I was a kid. Except that those were awesome and this isn't.