Monsters, Magic and Marilyn Manson?

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
jeretik said:
I don't think the game will be dumbed down, I think it is made to look dumbed down through trailers, so the retarded gamers with ADD would buy it.
the amount of douchebaggery in that statement amazes me, not only are you calling a whole fanbase retards on something as trivial as music your also saying people with ADD are retards, nice going.

As for me the trailer looks pretty awesome except for the sex scene, something about pixelated romping just does not appeal to me in any way.

Feb 13, 2008
Gormourn said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Which brings up a new question. Its 2009. Who the hell thought Marilyn Manson would sell anymore?
What? Marilyn Manson is still awesome >_<
Marilyn "I got dumped by Dita" Manson, with his "ooh, look at me be shocking in a non-threatening" way.

Feb 13, 2008
Gormourn said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Gormourn said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Which brings up a new question. Its 2009. Who the hell thought Marilyn Manson would sell anymore?
What? Marilyn Manson is still awesome >_<
Marilyn "I got dumped by Dita" Manson, with his "ooh, look at me be shocking in a non-threatening" way.
Meh. You got any better alternatives?
To Manson? Well, Queen, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Slipknot, Sabbath, The Stones, The Who, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Hendrix just off the top of my head.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/] one commenter by the name of Fedora Freak (inspired by Psychopomp) posted a link reworking the trailer into something that some may find a bit more appealing. Youtube video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTVjUY9wMg]

Feb 13, 2008
Andy_Panthro said:
Over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/] one commenter by the name of Fedora Freak (inspired by Psychopomp) posted a link reworking the trailer into something that some may find a bit more appealing. Youtube video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTVjUY9wMg]
Now that's awesome :)

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Madshaw said:
will you kill me if i say i liked it?
I won't because I agree. I thought the whole thing (okay, everything except the sex scene) looked really good. They could have picked a better song, though.

I haven't played any game by Bioware, so I can't say whether I do think its been dumbed down...

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
I'll check it out.

Although I do think something a bit more classical or epic would have sounded better in the trailer.

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Aside from the retarded sex scene, I thought that looked pretty bad-ass... but it wasn't what I was looking for in DA:O. I'm a tad disappointed.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Golly those graphics sucked, I felt like I was watching a cutscene from a 2004 game.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I thought that was AWESOME what the hell are you people talking about? The sex part could've been left out.

All Bioware is doing is selling their game like it was a movie. Did that not look like a movie trailer? It's an encapsulation of the cinematic experiance. For someone like me, who likes RPG's like KOTOR and Mass Effect but thought they were less then...cinematic.

WAAAHHH BIOWARE ISN'T MAKING THE NICHE GAME I WANTED WAAAHHHH

QQ moar failboys... There's no indication that they're dumbing the product down, if anything they're just trying to move more copies to dumb people who will buy the game based on that. You should be thinking of it as a chance to get REVENGE on the frat boys, or prophetalyze them into the cult of RPG. This is a way to share your love with a broader demographic. Everyone has to broaden their consumer base. Stop being so damn hypocritical and pretending RPG gamers are the cream of the crop.

Nerds, lose thy arrogance and malice, accept thee the influence of the mainstream and instead try to make the mainstream more intelligence.

PS: The game has ALWAYS been billed as a DARK fantasy product and I hope you weren't expecting Forgotten Realms. Read the literature.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Okay I have no idea what I just watched but it looked awesome. Sweet music (ya that's right) tons of blood, tits, and demons. Looks like a great game to me.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
sneakypenguin said:
Golly those graphics sucked, I felt like I was watching a cutscene from a 2004 game.
There's alot going on in the background and if they render it all realtime with better graphics it would become a pc exclusive. Not that i would mind that...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Asehujiko said:
sneakypenguin said:
There's alot going on in the background and if they render it all realtime with better graphics it would become a pc exclusive. Not that i would mind that...
Also keep in mind this is a very low res youtube video, and they may've been running this footage on low graphics before finalization. Game ain't out yet.

...Speaking of which, anyone know the release date?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
closetgeekshow said:
Since when is Marilyn Manson the music for the "frat boys"?

Manson is goth rock, frat boys beat up Marilyn Manson fans, so I'm not sure why everyone's equating the presence of his music in a trailer with going mainstream. That trailer actually makes me want to play a game that I thought would be boring.

Why is everyone all up in arms about this anyway? It's like this was set to a Timbaland song or something.
No it sure as hell is not. Say that to a Goth and expect something scathing in return.