Monsters, Magic and Marilyn Manson?

Feb 13, 2008
Byers said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Gormourn said:
None of these bands are anything like Manson.
No, because they can actually play music rather than screaming down a microphone. MM had his 15 minutes of fame and he's gone now.
Just maybe acquire better music taste than Nightwish and Evanescence before criticizing other people's music. Just a thought.
Damn, what a scathing putdown after a fortnight's thinking. Oscar Wilde must be jealous.

Byers

Nov 21, 2008
Byers said:
Gormourn said:
No, because they can actually play music rather than screaming down a microphone. MM had his 15 minutes of fame and he's gone now.
Just maybe acquire better music taste than Nightwish and Evanescence before criticizing other people's music. Just a thought.
Damn, what a scathing putdown after a fortnight's thinking. Oscar Wilde must be jealous.
Didn't stumble across this thread before now. And name dropping famous authors sure does make you sound intelligent!

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Byers said:
Gormourn said:
Does that mean I can't criticise Panic at the Disco, because I like Amy Winehouse and Bowie and Beethoven? I don't see the logic there, different isn't always bad, and clever music isn't always likeable.

Huey1000

Oct 14, 2008
jeretik said:
I don't think the game will be dumbed down, I think it is made to look dumbed down through trailers, so the retarded gamers with ADD would buy it.
Yeah this trailer looks more like marketing for a bunch of stupid 14 year olds who like mediocre songs and fast violent graphics. I don't really expect it to be much different than any other computer RPG in the 'dungeons & dragons' genre.

Byers

Nov 21, 2008
galletea said:
Byers said:
Gormourn said:
Does that mean I can't criticise Panic at the Disco, because I like Amy Winehouse and Bowie and Beethoven? I don't see the logic there, different isn't always bad, and clever music isn't always likeable.
My main point was that the poster I quoted was IMHO being a ginormous clown for telling people how much they sucked for liking Manson, who is at least a reasonably influential artist in yesteryear's pop/rock scene, while at the same time lauding the likes of Evanescence, regarded widely as being generic emo tripe very limited influentially and musically.

Also, Bowie rocks!

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Which brings up a new question. Its 2009. Who the hell thought Marilyn Manson would sell anymore?
I don't know...but it made me wanna buy the game...

*Drools at the bloody awesomeness.*