Monty Python. As Funny as a "Flying Circus" or as Dull as a "Dead Parrot".

Bang25

Dec 6, 2010
Monty Python is very, very funny. However, Monty Python is Monty Python therefore it is sometimes dry and lengthy, but if you have patience, you will realize that Monty Python is brilliantly funny. I hope that I can help you to appreciate Monty Python, or introduce you to them. Here are some of my favorite skits.

One more for good measure.

These aren't the BEST skits, but these are some of my favorite's.
If you like Monty Python, then post your favorite videos and comment on Monty Python.
I like to say Monty Python. Catchy.
If you DON'T like Monty Python, then screw you. (Not really, just post your comments.)

Dec 14, 2009
Lengthy? Never watched Blackadder then it seems...

Python has long intricate jokes because it's Python, not because it's British.

Bang25

Dec 6, 2010
Pararaptor said:
Bang25 said:
Monty Python is British, therefore it is sometimes dry and lengthy,
Because it can't be fast & plentiful jokes if it's British, can it?

I suggest you look into The IT Crowd.
I did'nt mean to be insulting, it's just my vision of British comedy is Monty Python.

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
I think it's pretty good in general, with The Life of Brian being by far the best thing they've done. Only thing is, though, they really suck at ending sketches (or films) in a way that doesn't feel forced and sudden.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
i kinda doubt anyone needs an "introduction" to Monty Python, unless they've been living under a rock for the past 40 years.

...on the other hand, i guess this site does have a lot of high school students, so some of them probably don't know about these comic genii.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I don't mind Monty Python, but what I can't stand is some of the Monty Python fans I know. Nerdy overweight guys in my IT department who say "Ni!" to each other all day and think it's oh-so-amusing are at least as annoying as the other nerds I deal with who think that "the cake is a lie" is a somehow funny or interesting joke to make every time someone brings a cake into the office. These people have kind of tainted it for me, I'm afraid.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Python is a legendary institution of funny and if anybody disagress they should have to face the cave of cannov (the rabbit cave)

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Pararaptor said:
Bang25 said:

How about Benny Hill?

I find the old stereotype of the dry British humor to be disappearing. While it is certainly influenced by Britain, dry humor is everywhere.

OT: Love Monty Python.

Bang25

Dec 6, 2010
Jamboxdotcom said:
i kinda doubt anyone needs an "introduction" to Monty Python, unless they've been living under a rock for the past 40 years.

...on the other hand, i guess this site does have a lot of high school students, so some of them probably don't know about these comic genii.
Yep. I'm actually fourteen, and I have only seen about 1/5 of Monty Python's Comedy, and the Quest for the Holy Grail.(If that's what it's called.) I posted this in the hope of seeing more good Monty Python.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Monty Python had a place and a time, but most of it just isn't awfully good anymore, was it Family Guy that used 'I'll make you watch the 90% of Monty Python which isn't funny' as a threat?

Yeah I go by that. Life of Brian, pretty good, The Meaning of Life, good moments, Quest for the Holy Grail, pretty awesome. The series, mostly not that great.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
BonsaiK said:
I don't mind Monty Python, but what I can't stand is some of the Monty Python fans I know. Nerdy overweight guys in my IT department who say "Ni!" to each other all day and think it's oh-so-amusing are at least as annoying as the other nerds I deal with who think that "the cake is a lie" is a somehow funny or interesting joke to make every time someone brings a cake into the office. These people have kind of tainted it for me, I'm afraid.
This. Quoting Monty Python was played out 10 years ago, it's just awfully embarassing and kills the humour.

Dec 14, 2009
PeePantz said:
Pararaptor said:
Bang25 said:

How about Benny Hill?

I find the old stereotype of the dry British humor to be disappearing. While it is certainly influenced by Britain, dry humor is everywhere.

OT: Love Monty Python.
As much as I like Python, Benny Hill is the most hilarious old comedy series for me. I love the classic 'speedy' sketches. You know the ones, where it looks like the whole thing is being played fast foward.

Yagharek

Jun 9, 2010
Jamboxdotcom said:

Which would be tragic.

I'm still at school, but luckily my parents introduced me to python early.

That's my contribution to the thread.

Now, I will sneak away. And bugger off.

Yagharek

Jun 9, 2010
Edit:

Double post due to the update, my computer was being slow, so I hit the agree button again, can someone delete this please?

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
These few are some of my favorites.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Yagharek said:
Edit:

Double post due to the update, my computer was being slow, so I hit the agree button again, can someone delete this please?
I don't think posts can be deleted. But nobody will hold a double post against you if you acknowledge it.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
I know its actually from Cleese's "How to Irritate People" show, but its got the Python boys, so I think it counts.

(PS: Never tried putting a video in a comment before, forgive my newbishness if it doesn't work)