More Battlefield 1 Info: Server Browser, Weapon Attachments, and More

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Dragonlayer said:
Tsaba said:
Dragonlayer said:

Who was asking such questions that the developers had to specify there would be no night vision in a game about World War One!?

Considering that aircraft are now going to be biplanes, triplanes and eindeckers, perhaps they won't be such unstoppable air terrors as aircraft usually are in Battlefield. Also, by the Kaiser do I hope that single-player campaign lets us be German!
Well, seeing as the last time there was a big AAA WWII game with a night level (since there hasn't been a WWI that I can even recall).... sometimes you just have to state it for the crowd who's used to playing with night vision/thermal devices.

Flares! Flares everywhere!
I'd have liked to think that the crowd used to playing with night vision/thermal devices knew enough about the context of these games to understand that they are recent inventions, but evidently I'm wrong!

Flares everywhere, but we regret to report that there will be no UAVs, Predator drone strikes or tactical nukes. Also no retarded gold coated, diamond encrusted, snake skinned camouflage paint jobs for your weapons.

*Immediate drop in pre-orders*
A lot of that crowd are teenagers/preteens (bad parenting perhaps? Failed education system? Who knows), some are pretty oblivious to what technology was like a 100 years ago.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Tsaba said:
Dragonlayer said:
Tsaba said:
Dragonlayer said:

Who was asking such questions that the developers had to specify there would be no night vision in a game about World War One!?

Considering that aircraft are now going to be biplanes, triplanes and eindeckers, perhaps they won't be such unstoppable air terrors as aircraft usually are in Battlefield. Also, by the Kaiser do I hope that single-player campaign lets us be German!
Well, seeing as the last time there was a big AAA WWII game with a night level (since there hasn't been a WWI that I can even recall).... sometimes you just have to state it for the crowd who's used to playing with night vision/thermal devices.

I'd have liked to think that the crowd used to playing with night vision/thermal devices knew enough about the context of these games to understand that they are recent inventions, but evidently I'm wrong!

Flares everywhere, but we regret to report that there will be no UAVs, Predator drone strikes or tactical nukes. Also no retarded gold coated, diamond encrusted, snake skinned camouflage paint jobs for your weapons.

A lot of that crowd are teenagers/preteens (bad parenting perhaps? Failed education system? Who knows), some are pretty oblivious to what technology was like a 100 years ago.
Indeed. While I don't want to infer too much about society from people who play modern warfare shooters, it is slightly depressing to see so many people on the web and in real life who know bugger all about the two world wars.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Dragonlayer said:
Tsaba said:
Dragonlayer said:
Tsaba said:
Dragonlayer said:

Indeed. While I don't want to infer too much about society from people who play modern warfare shooters, it is slightly depressing to see so many people on the web and in real life who know bugger all about the two world wars.
What's depressing is how much we know about WWII and how little we know about all the other wars, including Iraq and Afghanistan. The divide between society and it's veterans is pretty disturbing.

Let's get away from the depressing stuff and talk about things that do make me happy;

I do love how Battlefield 1 has sparked peoples interest into WWI. Hopefully someone gets the bright idea to, I don't know, make a good in depth documentary on WWI.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
so if you look at the origin store page for Battlefield 1, they have packs listed if you buy the deluxe version.

Lawrence of Arabia Pack
Red Baron Pack
Pre Order: Hellfighter Pack

The Hellfighter pack is pretty significant seeing as it's the Harlem Hellfighters. A New York all black unit.