More EVE Online Shenanigans: GoonSwarm Ganks Band Of Brothers

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
These community escapades are fascinating to hear about and a sign of a game with x-factor. :) I hope the former alliance members don't lose sleep over it, they should be thinking about ganging up against goons. :D

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
geldonyetich said:
Kross said:
For anyone interested, here's the story from the guy who recruited the defector into GF: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=991219

Defeated with the power of love!

Edit: I can confirm Oswald did indeed slowboat across a system, although I thought it was from one station to the next. It did take about 3 days of real time though.
Interesting.
[01:32:46] Harkani > ok I am going to be completly honest with you
[01:32:52] Tamir Lenk > uh oh . . .
[01:33:10] Harkani > my main character is in bob, director, full access to forums and irc and I am sick of the **** there
[01:33:19] Harkani > so Im willing to be a spy for you guys
[01:33:35] Tamir Lenk >
This wasn't so much "awesome social engineering, Goonswarm" as it as, "whoops, look who we left with the keys, some guy who's sick of our crap and completely biting at the bit to tear our out guts and hand them to Goonswarm."
So basically, they got net-drama'd to death?

Lawl. The internet is not serious fucking business kids, remember that.

razor

Mar 3, 2004
Oswald D Grant said:
I was the Wal*Mart of SU.
And thank you so much for that. You should come back and set up shop in Delve, the shelves in 319 are pretty bare.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
So, Eve Online is a game for thieves and back-stabbers? That seems to be all of the news about it lately.

Oswald D Grant

Feb 6, 2009
SmugFrog said:
So, Eve Online is a game for thieves and back-stabbers? That seems to be all of the news about it lately.
http://www.massively.com/2008/06/30/eve-online-community-spotlight-a-qanda-with-chribba/

I spoke with this guy, but just once, when he visited SU. Great guy, he was rather nervous at being outside hisec. He may not make the headlines as often (for the same reason AIDS makes the headlines more than tiramisu), but a hundred Istvaans and Mittens wouldn't be worth one of him.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Awesome, thanks for that link. I hope we never read about him running off with a ton of money.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Asehujiko said:
I want it to stop clogging up the news here. Somebody high up screwed over pretty much all of his underlings for no reason at all. Keep that to your own forums and stop the fanwank over here. We don't give weekly reports on WoW's raid progress nor do we maintain an updated list of WAR's faction balance and i don't see any reason why EVE should get a special treatment.
Maybe because there's no politicking or intense backstabbings on the scale of EVE in WAR or WoW?

I find the stories from this game fascinating. If only I had a rig powerful enough to run. Or time to waste.