Mortal Kombat Goes Preschool in Babality Montage

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Mortal Kombat Goes Preschool in Babality Montage

[gametrailers=712994]

There's nothing more satisfying than beating an opponent in a fight and turning him into a baby.

Mortal Kombat [http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E1JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303395566&sr=8-1] has always been a violent series of games, and NetherRealm's newly released reboot is no different. Players can dismember their opponents to their heart's content as blood sprays everywhere in gruesome detail. Who cares about that though when it also allows you to turn your opponent into a baby?

That's right, the babality is back, an alternate finishing move first seen in Mortal Kombat II [http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-II-Super-Nintendo/dp/B000035Y4T/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1303395809&sr=1-1]. In NetherRealm's Mortal Kombat, the move is better than ever.

GameTrailers put together a montage of Mortal Kombat's babalities, which now feature funny animations. Shang Tsung tries to steal the soul of his teddy bear, Reptile turns into an egg, Raiden scares himself with his own lightning, and Jade's own bladed boomerang turns around and knocks her right in the head. Baby Kratos (PS3 version only [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108696-Kratos-Throws-Down-in-New-Mortal-Kombat-Trailer]) probably has the best, ripping the head off of his Medusa doll, while Sub Zero gets the reward for most silly. You'll see what I mean.

For some reason, watching these violent combatants turned into babies is vastly entertaining. I wonder if Mortal Kombat has animalities this year too? If you've had your fill of babalities, you could also watch this fatality montage, but it's not as cute.

[gametrailers=712996]

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh dear, now we wait for some ill-informed news corporation to get wind of this and spark some huge controversy surrounding the depiction of babies in a violent fighting game.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
It's good to see babalities come back. But even better to see again is HD Quan Chi beating a dude to death with the dude's leg.

Hunter15

Jan 12, 2011
WAIT WAIT IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO USE THIS
um-hum
"ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES"
"WHO SENT ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT"
"LET US FIGHT MAN VERSES TINY BABY MAN"
and it seems that kratos in the only one who doesn't cry making him the manliest baby evah

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
shouldnt baby Jax have human arms? baby Johnny Cage doesnt have tattoos...
and what about the cyborg characters? what happens if they're 'Babalitied'

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
They're all silly, but I can see some people getting seriously pissed at Stryker's...

A baby with a real gun is not funny.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
William MacKay said:
Technically a baby shouldn't be able to write coherent English or understand how to attempt signature attacks like the hat-throw either. It's just a silly thing where the adult character gets turned into a baby. MST3K motto time.:)

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Where is the baby eating!?!

This is Mortal Kombat!

I demand dining on spines and Bugs Bunny pots w/ carrots....

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
It occurs to me that if you got a baby mortal kombat fight mode it would be far greater than the regular mode, even if the violence had to be toned way down.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
William MacKay said:
It's not qoute turning back time on them it's sort of reducing them from their present state which is why they attemp to try a few special moves and fail.They had the cyborgs in the video too.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Random thought: Looks like the controls get locked as soon as the animation starts. I'm unsurprised to see they're not repeating the baby dismembering mistake of the arcade era.

Also: Baraka is one UGLY baby.:)

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
If only the game would actually tell us how to do these. Hell, they're not even in the goddamn strategy guide.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Lord Beautiful said:
If only the game would actually tell us how to do these. Hell, they're not even in the goddamn strategy guide.
I think Cage's is Forward, Back, Forward, Circle (B) or Back, Forward, Back, Circle (B) at jump range. Cyrax's is also very easy but cant remember it.

However the babalities are awesome and so are most of the fatalities (1 or 2 are kinda meh but most are amazingly creative) and I hope someone finds Brutalities and Friendships in the game :p