Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero Was The Worst Kombat Ever

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero Was The Worst Kombat Ever

Take my hand, as I lead you on a journey which highlights the issues I have with my own personal E.T., Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero.

Read Full Article

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No, Ultimate MK3 and its similar-ilk was the 'worst kombat evar'. MK Mythologies was proof that Subzero is the best MK character out of the lot. They started with him because if they couldn't make this popular with HIM, then they weren't gonna do it at all.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
President Bagel said:
Eh, I actually kind of enjoyed the game. I never really had much difficulty with the controls and platforming sections.

FalloutJack said:
No, Ultimate MK3 and its similar-ilk was the 'worst kombat evar'. MK Mythologies was proof that Subzero is the best MK character out of the lot. They started with him because if they couldn't make this popular with HIM, then they weren't gonna do it at all.
I'd say that Mortal Kombat 3 (along with its subsequent upgrades) is the best Mortal Kombat game. It wasn't the revolution that Mortal Kombat 2 was, but I found the gameplay to be faster and more exciting.
Ah, well the reason I felt the opposite of this was that I felt something important had fallen from the series. I don't know what it is about it. Jumped The Shark somehow? It didn't really appeal to me except for Shao Khan's hammer and maybe SOME of the characters. I will always be a Subzero fan, of course.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I honestly nominate "MK vs. DC Universe". It wasn't that horrendously bad, it was just that moment when it seemed like MK had completely jumped the shark and was just desperately grasping at cheeseball gimmicks to try and remain relevant.

It was like an aging car trying to compete with newer cars not by doing things like getting a better engine or electronics, but adding spoilers and rims: corny gimmicks to try and lure people to you when the fundamentals are out of date.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I remember wanting to play this game, but I never got the chance. I did get to play the live action inspired Street Fighter game. Hoo boy, was that bad.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I liked that game a fair bit. I liked how it tried to be more of a Mortal Kombat game with platforming elements than the other way around. It was rough around the edges, no doubt, but enjoyable nonetheless. Now Special Forces... blech.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
No, no it wasn't. It wasn't even that bad of a game. Unconventional? Yeah, but it kept Mortal Kombat gameplay intact. Hard and cryptic? Yup. Wrong Sub-Zero? Now this one is hardly debatable. Y'see
Every representation of Sub-Zero following this defeat was actually Bi-Han's younger brother, Kuai Liang
Back in the day, "every representation since" was TWO GAMES. TWO. And Bi-Han version of Sub-Zero appeared in UMK3. So he ALSO had two behind his back. Now of course starting with MKDA Kuai Liang got more Sub-Zero appearances (and yes, Kuai Liang is the definitive Sub-Zero and my favorite character in MK period, but I'm acting in the interest of fairness here), but when MK4 came out, they were even. And it wasn't even decided that Bi-Han was Noob Saibot back in the day.