Mortal Kombat X Video Shows Four New DLC Characters in Action

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1030/1030364.png

A new video gives a closer look at the brand-new characters making their way to the Mortal Kombat X roster this year.

were revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142254-Mortal-Kombat-X-Appears-to-be-Getting-Four-New-Characters] just ahead of the Game Awards in December. Leatherface, Alien's Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho, and Triborg - a mashup of Cyrax, Sektor, and Robot Smoke - are all part of the upcoming Kombat Pack 2. A new video uploaded today shows the four off in action.

According to a press release, players who purchase Kombat Pack 2 will receive all four new characters, along with:

Goro: The feral, four-armed Shokan warrior will be available as a playable combatant.
Apocalypse Pack: The Apocalypse Pack features three new character skins, reimagining characters Takeda, D'Vorah and Erron Black with an apocalyptic theme.
Brazil Pack; The Brazil Pack features three new character skins: Futbol Cage, Capoeira Liu Kang and Gaucho Kung Lao.
Kold War Pack; The Kold War Pack includes three new character skins: Motherland Sonya, Tundra Sub-Zero and Revolution Kano.
Kold War Scorpion; Kold War-themed Scorpion character skin.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
I just saw Miles923's reaction to it, I have to admit, Triborg looks actually pretty awesome and I like how they did their own thing with Alien rather then just take the lazy option and just copy past some stuff some Alien: Isolation.
Leatherface is...well, Leatherface but god I can only imagine what they didn't show for Bo'Rai'Cho.

Seriously, some of the shit he did in the old games...Remind me how this guy was Liu Kang's master again? X_X

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
all of them, they all look good and cool and I can't wait! Come on Freddy better be in KP3, bring him back!

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
god I can only imagine what they didn't show for Bo'Rai'Cho.

Seriously, some of the shit he did in the old games...Remind me how this guy was Liu Kang's master again? X_X
Imagine his Brutalities. How many face-sitting, face-melting, farts and pukes of doom will there be? eeeughhh.

OT: I wasn't too interested in KP2, since I was burned out on MKX as a whole. But this trailer... damn, all of these fighters look great. Even Leatherface's dumbass looks fun to play with.

Although I plan on getting into SFV when it drops, I may end up revisiting MKX once these characters are all released down the line.

Mar 26, 2008
Triborg looks like he'll be super combo-heavy. I like it! Hopefully he'll be well balanced.

I appreciate Bo'Rai'Cho's drunken style, but ugh... I don't think I'd ever play him.

I reckon Leatherface looks a bit one dimensional with the chainsaw being over utilised, but damn is he going to be ultra brutal! A fitting tribute to Gunnar Hansen.

The Alien looks like the most underwhelming of the lot. I imagine the chestburster finish is similar to how the Predator rips out their spine even if you don't pull of the fatality.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm pretty hyped.
I'm not as excited for Leatherface as I was for Jason but I think that's because the shock of "guest horror character in my fighting game" has already come and gone, still pretty cool though.
And I am way more hyped for TriBorg than the trailer first made me, he looks awesome, especially since it's pretty much getting three characters in one.
Programmed_For_Damage said:
The Alien looks like the most underwhelming of the lot. I imagine the chestburster finish is similar to how the Predator rips out their spine even if you don't pull of the fatality.
While I'm pretty excited for Alien myself, you do remind me of something, and I hope your wrong about the outro.
I hope your wrong because when it came to Predator (who I was most excited for in Kombat Pack 1), his Fatalities are kind of lame but his win outro is seriously awesome. I'm actually pretty cool with all of that, I just don't want Alien to have lame Fatalities too.

Mar 26, 2008
Extra-Ordinary said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
While I'm pretty excited for Alien myself, you do remind me of something, and I hope your wrong about the outro.
I hope your wrong because when it came to Predator (who I was most excited for in Kombat Pack 1), his Fatalities are kind of lame but his win outro is seriously awesome. I'm actually pretty cool with all of that, I just don't want Alien to have lame Fatalities too.
I think because the Predator's moveset was so brutal already it made his Fatalities just seem like enhanced regular moves (Brutalities I guess - some of them were good). I reckon Leatherface might run into the same problem.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
While I'm still disappointed in them putting Leatherface and the Alien in instead of Noob Saibot (how many freakin' horror icons do we need?!) I'll admit the trailer looks awesome.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lizzy Finnegan said:

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1030/1030364.png

A new video gives a closer look at the brand-new characters making their way to the Mortal Kombat X roster this year.

were revealed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142254-Mortal-Kombat-X-Appears-to-be-Getting-Four-New-Characters] just ahead of the Game Awards in December. Leatherface, Alien's Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho, and Triborg - a mashup of Cyrax, Sektor, and Robot Smoke - are all part of the upcoming Kombat Pack 2. A new video uploaded today shows the four off in action.

According to a press release, players who purchase Kombat Pack 2 will receive all four new characters, along with:

Goro: The feral, four-armed Shokan warrior will be available as a playable combatant.
Apocalypse Pack: The Apocalypse Pack features three new character skins, reimagining characters Takeda, D'Vorah and Erron Black with an apocalyptic theme.
Brazil Pack; The Brazil Pack features three new character skins: Futbol Cage, Capoeira Liu Kang and Gaucho Kung Lao.
Kold War Pack; The Kold War Pack includes three new character skins: Motherland Sonya, Tundra Sub-Zero and Revolution Kano.
Kold War Scorpion; Kold War-themed Scorpion character skin.

I called it Lizzy when they teased us with the Image of the Full moon.

The Pit Stage is back baby :D

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ihateregistering1 said:
While I'm still disappointed in them putting Leatherface and the Alien in instead of Noob Saibot (how many freakin' horror icons do we need?!) I'll admit the trailer looks awesome.
I wonder if they will ever introduced a Kombat Pack 3?

Baraka, Fujin, Rain, and Someone?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Ihateregistering1 said:
I wonder if they will ever introduced a Kombat Pack 3?

Baraka, Fujin, Rain, and Someone?
It'll probably depend how well this pack sells.

johnnybleu

Oct 2, 2014
I can't be the only one who thinks the Alien looks completely goofy with his tiny head, right?

I understand this is probably due to animation/rigging considerations, but I would have preferred not to have the Xenomorph at all, rather than have such an awful design. It's not like there's a lack of MK characters to pick from anyway. >_>