Most Beautiful Video Game Location?

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Pandora
The Avatar Game may have been crispy fried puke, but at least it took place on motherfraking Pandora

That, or some of the environments in the ACE combat games, particularly shattered skies. Breathtaking skies, really well done.

And Just Cause 2 was very nice. And to a lesser extent dragon age.

dwgatewood

Jun 14, 2011
I personally still like Zangarmarsh in WoW. It was just a very immersive zone with great ambiance.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Reading through these I agree with a great many of the suggestions, i'm trying to think of one which is either hasn't been mentioned yet or is a little less well known.

The halo series was a good shout by someone above, lots of very pretty parts in those games.

GTA 4, Liberty City was one of the most impressive gameworlds I have ever seen and it actually felt like the city had a life of it's own and would continue on after you turned off.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Man, so many choices. The countryside around Anvil, Bruma and Cheydinhal in Oblivion; Dias Coronez and Aurora Basin in Red Dead Redemption; Algonquin in GTA IV; the view from Mount Chillidad in GTA San Andreas; Myrtana in Gothic 3; the Great Wall in Titan Quest; Loch Modan, The Barrens, Silverpine Forest, Mulgore and Redridge from Classic WoW; Virmir in Mass Effect 1; Ostagar in Dragon Age Origins. Heck, even some locations in older games still strike me as beautiful, like Wolong in Summoner; the Umar Hills in Balder's Gate II; and pretty much the entirety of Balder's Gate I. I just wanted to move into that damn world the first time I played it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Tall Trees and the Mexican border regions in Red Dead Redemption.

A lot of places in the original Spyro games.

A lot of planets and other space locations from the Ratchet and Clank series.

Zion Valley in Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts DLC

Shadow of the Colossus, all of it pretty much.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
The first thing that came to my mind was Red Dead Redemption, standing on top of that big mountain looking out over Armadillo and the wild west around it.. Just awesome.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Well, Shadow of the Colossus, most of Guild Wars, that crystal place in FFXIII, The last place in Mass Effect 2, Eden in Mass Effect 1.. I could go on forever!

Apr 25, 2009
Shadow of the Colossus.

Just... All of it :)

I have a little pond near the southern cliffedge I go back to visit occasionally...

It has turtles there :3

Pig Mazurka

Mar 28, 2011
The area of Hell where you get to use the Big Boner in Shadows of the Damned.

Just a bunch of neon signs, with every single one having something to do with demon strip clubs.

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
Rapture from bioshock, literally dripping with atmosphere (by which i mean water). And columbia (i think that's what infinite's city is called) looks set to be even more beautiful, without being as gloomy.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
While as a whole the game world had a tendency to copy/paste playing Oblivion for the first time was a breathtaking experience. Even my parents (who don't game) said it looked fantastic.

I also love Minecraft. Sure it's blocky, but the fact that it's all randomly generated makes some amazing vistas of rolling hills, sharp dunes, and sheer cliff walls.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Mass Effect 3's locations look absolutely epic. Especially future Earth.(before the Reapers decided to go all eco-terrorist on it all)