Most brutally violent film/s you've seen?

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
Over the years for some reason i've seen quite a few violent films, and i've become quite desensitized. Anyway, i was wondering what film/s have you seen that are the most brutally violent. By that i mean more realstic and gritty violence as opposed to over the top stuff (like Kill-Bill, no offence to fans intended, it's a good movie).
Some of the ones that stick in my mind are; Irreversible, Deadwood (tv series), Unforgiven (except for the ending), Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Man Bites Dog, The Departed, A History of Violence and Eastern Promises.

Spirit_Of_Fire

Feb 28, 2009
Probably the latest rambo movie. The amount of deaths in a minute was just staggering, I dont mind violent films but that was pretty bad.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
I don't know if it would really count, but early Peter Jackson stuff can not be beaten when it comes to over the top violence is concerned. Dead Alive (yes, I am American and that is what it is called here) can is the first to come to mind with the ever so classic lawnmower scene.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
The Hills Have Eyes...by god that film was just terrible. For the first hour, nothing. Then all of a sudden:
Crucified man screaming in agony as he burns to death
Two girls crying as they're raped
Mother shot as she comes to help the girls

God damn, that was a horrible film. I'd be lying if I said it was particularly scary too.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
chrisdibs said:
ichi the killer, my god its incredible the amount of violence in that film
I love Ichi the Killer!

Audition is another movie, while not really too violent, I would say is pretty brutal. The last half hour is intense. Some people say it is a little slow, which it is, but the pay off is well worth the wait.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
chrisdibs said:
ichi the killer, my god its incredible the amount of violence in that film
This or perhaps Hostel, shame they had to ruin Hostel with a god awful sequel really. Still, Ichi the Killer is always the first thing that springs to mind when I hear this question.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
No! Keep that hacket away from my notty place! AHHHHH! Bad memories! *Goes into field position*

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl looks funny, especially as I was watching it without sound

The Saw movies would have to do it for me. It isn't the actual blood and stuff, but just how insidious the wounds are, like in Saw 2 when the girl was thrown in the pit filled with syringes.

rob_d

Jul 20, 2008
Chaosut said:
Man Bites Dog
Ooh I love Cést arrivé prêt de chez vous it's one of my favorite movies.

Some Takeshi Kitano films have realistic violence as it is very direct and the camera remains static when these occur, So i would suggest Violent Cop and Sonatine.

If you haven't already also go watch Old Boy, a brilliant movie.

Chaosut

Apr 8, 2009
I forgot about Rambo IV. That's the only rambo film i really enjoyed because of how brutal the violence was. Hills have eyes was good too, it was one of the few horror movies that actually made me care about the characters, which made it all the tougher.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I feel so pathetic becuase I don't watch really violent movies so all I can say is either fight club or pulp fiction.