Most depressing movie you ever saw

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
mannaroth said:
Wow, really? Looked through the whole thread. OLDBOY!!!!!! Damn that is the most depressing movie and if you're sad before you get into it I warn you, you might kill yourself at the end. Seriously the most depressing and most evil film of all time hands down!
In my defense I did recommend it to somebody on this very thread. I didn't put it as the saddest because I have seen sadder (if this was a thread for awesome films though it would be right up there).

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
.No. said:
NickCooley said:
Avatar. Those poor mercs didn't get payed. I feel their pain.
Especially because most of them got killed by giant blue people with primitive technology, while they had helicopters and guns (not to mention a hell of a lot more, if they could even get to Pandora). This is why I insist that Borderlands is the real sequel to Avatar.
Thing is I played the Avatar game, it was mediocre at best but avenging the mercs by mowing down hordes of over grown smurfs kept me satisfied to complete the human campaign. At the end they find a way of severing the connection between the Navi and Eywah. And the game was a prequel to the film. The Navi couldn't fly their birds or ride their horses or anything. Why the hell isn't that in the film?

Fuck hippy peace and love I want $20 million per kilogram of unobtainium.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
RaikuFA said:
qeinar said:
RaikuFA said:
the illusionist. the french one

MAGICIANS DO NOT EXIST
oh man that movie was kinda depressing, love the artstyle of it tho. : p
ever watch the triplets of belleville?
Yes, pretty awesome movie. : > the reason why i watched the illusionist tbh. : P

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Where Can I find I am so proud of you? I really want to see it.
You could buy the DVD here: http://www.bitterfilms.com/

Or you could use other, less legal sources >.>

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
TheLaofKazi said:
Madara XIII said:
Where Can I find I am so proud of you? I really want to see it.
You could buy the DVD here: http://www.bitterfilms.com/

Or you could use other, less legal sources >.>
Found it anyways though. It was on some Russian version of Youtube and thankfully in english...

I cried...especially when he found his mothers notebook. Can't wait for Hertzfeldts 3rd installment coming this year.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
NickCooley said:
.No. said:
NickCooley said:
Especially because most of them got killed by giant blue people with primitive technology, while they had helicopters and guns (not to mention a hell of a lot more, if they could even get to Pandora). This is why I insist that Borderlands is the real sequel to Avatar.
Thing is I played the Avatar game, it was mediocre at best but avenging the mercs by mowing down hordes of over grown smurfs kept me satisfied to complete the human campaign. At the end they find a way of severing the connection between the Navi and Eywah. And the game was a prequel to the film. The Navi couldn't fly their birds or ride their horses or anything. Why the hell isn't that in the film?

You sir are an inspiration to all. I honestly love your post. Humans shoulda won that fight hands down and if they're anything like the native americans they should had no immune system strong enough to fight off our diseases. MWAHAHAHAHA

Seriously I would honestly say "F*CK Peace" if that meant 20 million for a little more than 2bs of that precious ore

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
MeatMachine said:
SPIRIT: STALLION OF THE SIMMORAN

A movie where a stupid horse gets kidnapped, enslaved, beaten, humiliated, dominated, imprisoned, abused, and then his girlfriend dies.

The hell kind of kids movie is THAT!?
Simple: A children's movie

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
I have never understood why people actively *WANT* too watch a depressing movie. I don't. I haven't. I don't consider getting depressed FUN. Thinking back... I'm drawing a blank on movies that really depressed me... I can't think of one.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
Tackling some people haven?t mentioned yet?

Sunshine. With Cillian Murphy.

Harsh Times. With Christian Bale.

The Departed. With Leonardo DeCaprio.

Because I did literal cry in the movie theatre after it ended, Hero, with Jet Li.

And the grand finally goes to the one that hits so close to home I simply could *not* watch the movie in its entirety because I have 2 Siberian Huskies? Eight Below. Fuck you Disney. Fuck... you.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Madara XIII said:
NickCooley said:
.No. said:
NickCooley said:

You sir are an inspiration to all. I honestly love your post. Humans shoulda won that fight hands down and if they're anything like the native americans they should had no immune system strong enough to fight off our diseases. MWAHAHAHAHA

Seriously I would honestly say "F*CK Peace" if that meant 20 million for a little more than 2bs of that precious ore
You flatter me good sir. Hell it's £20 million unrefined/raw. £40 million for refined unobtainium. Also, trying to fly the daisy cutter in was a mistake. I would have tunneled in Somme style. Sure it would have taken longer but the Navi sure as hell wouldn't be used to such tactics and even if they could somehow sense us tunneling their tools would be too primitive to dig as deep as we can and unlike the Germans at the Somme the Navi don't have reinforced bunkers. Pack in some extra incendiaries and watch that over grown pile of kindling they call Home Tree go up in flames.

Then we can dig up that sweet, sweet, unrefined moolah.

Have I overthought this too much?

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
NickCooley said:
.No. said:
NickCooley said:

I may have to rent the game, just to do that. I wonder if James Cameron thought he was being clever by calling it unobtainium. It may've just as well be called Expensivedeathcrystalthatcan'tbetaken.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
NickCooley said:
Madara XIII said:
NickCooley said:
.No. said:
NickCooley said:

You flatter me good sir. Hell it's £20 million unrefined/raw. £40 million for refined unobtainium. Also, trying to fly the daisy cutter in was a mistake. I would have tunneled in Somme style. Sure it would have taken longer but the Navi sure as hell wouldn't be used to such tactics and even if they could somehow sense us tunneling their tools would be too primitive to dig as deep as we can and unlike the Germans at the Somme the Navi don't have reinforced bunkers. Pack in some extra incendiaries and watch that over grown pile of kindling they call Home Tree go up in flames.

Then we can dig up that sweet, sweet, unrefined moolah.

Have I overthought this too much?
Not really. It's a good strategy.

.No. said:
NickCooley said:
.No. said:
NickCooley said:

I may have to rent the game, just to do that. I wonder if James Cameron thought he was being clever by calling it unobtainium. It may've just as well be called Expensivedeathcrystalthatcan'tbetaken.
Huh, I never looked at the name like that. Unobtain ium... nice.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
DevilWithaHalo said:
Tackling some people haven?t mentioned yet?

Sunshine. With Cillian Murphy.

Harsh Times. With Christian Bale.

The Departed. With Leonardo DeCaprio.

Because I did literal cry in the movie theatre after it ended, Hero, with Jet Li.

And the grand finally goes to the one that hits so close to home I simply could *not* watch the movie in its entirety because I have 2 Siberian Huskies? Eight Below. Fuck you Disney. Fuck... you.
The Departed was a great movie. Loved it

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Memories of Matsuko is one of the most tragic films I've ever seen, I cried so much at the end and afterwards I had to sit there for a while and recover. Such a good film, but so sad. Mary and Max was also a depressing film that made me cry at the end.

eggsovereasy

Aug 24, 2010
OH! Did anyone think about "The Mist"? Kinda cheesy with all of the giant bugs/monsters and stuff, but the ending was SUPER depressing when
all seems to be lost and the dad shoots the old people and then his son and then his love interest in order to keep them from an inevitable eaten-by-bugs death, and then he goes to shoot himself and....poof the military shows up to burn away the mist and save the day! I burst into tears and started screaming "Just 5 more minutes and you would have been ok!!!!!" at the TV...

UmJammerSully

May 29, 2011
Either The Road or Grave of the Fireflies. Which in retrospect, both kind of have a similar premise...Ish...

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Found it anyways though. It was on some Russian version of Youtube and thankfully in english...

I cried...especially when he found his mothers notebook. Can't wait for Hertzfeldts 3rd installment coming this year.
I did too, one of my favorite films of all time.