Most depressing movie you ever saw

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
CM156 said:
Schindler's list

Anyone else who has seen this movie can attest to the reasons I was crying like a newborn child at the end.
Schindler's list

This movie makes you feel so sad an has the choice that like wow i cant belive he scarficed himself for all that

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
A.I: Artificial Intelligence. And this was a kids' movie....

Secondly,

Black Swan. And don't just watch it for Natalie Portaman and Mila Kunis making out - no, seriously, don't. This movie had me crying for ages.

I remember watching Pan's Labyrinth a few years ago. I've not seen it since - mainly because I've ran out of emergency tissues.

Look-a-Hill

Nov 18, 2009
The Pianist pips both Sophie Scholl and Schindler's List for me. Obviously there is a theme there and it's true that films about Nazi's depress me the most. All of those films have left me feeling 'How the hell could the world let this happen for so long?'. And The Pianist is the most brutal depiction in my opinion.

I could do with watching Schindler's List again mind because I didn't really think it was that great the first time.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
It's been said before, it'll be said again, but I think that the very fact that the name of the thread made me think 'Grave of the Fireflies' and then tears sprung to my eyes solidifies that as my vote.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Demolition Man...It was soooo sad when Stallone kicked Snipes' head off at the end :'(
....ahaaaaaa I jest :) My answer is, which I guess isn't a terribly depressing movie, more bittersweet, is 7 Pounds with Will Smith, I did cry, and then I watched it with my girlfriend, where we both cried into each other's arms...
Yup.

mannaroth

Aug 19, 2009
Wow, really? Looked through the whole thread. OLDBOY!!!!!! Damn that is the most depressing movie and if you're sad before you get into it I warn you, you might kill yourself at the end. Seriously the most depressing and most evil film of all time hands down!

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
The Spitfire Grill. Sets you up, tears you down, asks you to take it seriously as you eat your tear soaked popcorn. Biggest downer ending I've ever seen. But at least I came away with knowlege of some of the best tourist spots in Maine.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
American Beauty. Mostly due to the way he says you'll be happy... when you're dead, like him.
Either that, or Sucker Punch.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
Mine is definitely, "my Life Without Me" it's an amazing movie, and I love it, but this movie actually made me bawl my eyes out. I recommend it to anyone.

uto

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
KhakiHat said:
The Spitfire Grill. Sets you up, tears you down, asks you to take it seriously as you eat your tear soaked popcorn. Biggest downer ending I've ever seen. But at least I came away with knowlege of some of the best tourist spots in Mane.
that was going to be my second choice. such a GREAT movie

uto

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Alyssacubi said:
The Iron giant, oh god, I cried over that when I was a young girl. <3

Thank you, i'm now going to have to dig out this movie and watch it again. <3
Yeah, it's quite sad. I watched it multiple times when I was a little kid and yet I always ended up crying.

J3envolio

Dec 19, 2008
Hagi said:
For me that was exactly why it was so depressing.

From the start you know it's coming. You keep hoping it won't. You see it inching closer and closer and throughout you feel something should happen to prevent it, I mean surely the universe can't be THAT cold and cruel.

But the universe is. And it happens. It was inevitable.
I think that's why I didn't find it depressing, because I could see it coming and it seemed inevitable. Also, if what happened didn't happen* then it would have ruined the whole premise of the film and would have become a character study more than a film.

In a way, I'm glad they included it* because it made for a better film but all in all failed to surprise/depress me. But by no means is it a bad film ^^.

*trying desperately not to include spoilers.