Most disappointing ending for a book, movie or video game [Possible Spoilers]

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
1: God of War 3 - The whole ruin the world thing leading up to killing Zeus and the weird dream thing. They had 5 different endings and used them all at once.
2: Black - A PS2 game from 2006 that set itself up for a sequel and nothing came.

The Creeping Horror

Dec 5, 2010
My vote is for Human Centipede as that is the worst ending I've personally witnessed. I don't watch very many movies nor do I play very many games and what the hell is a "book"?

I am currently writing a book (Though I doubt it'll ever be published)with my idea of a bad ending. I'll give you a hint. Protagonist dies and main conflict is never resolved. The end. Cthulhu fhtagn!

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I thought Harry Potter 7 had a disappointing ending. Hell, my hopes for the book were so low after the depression-fest that was HP6, that I torrented it rather than buying it. I only read it once, and it lived down to my expectations.

It seemed to me like the author was fed up with the series and just wanted to end it. I don't think it even had a proper ending. It practically jumped from "Voldemort's dead" to "Nineteen years later..." without any sort of winding down.

Turkey Braveheart

Apr 15, 2010
BudZer said:
Turkey Braveheart said:
My nomination:
No Country for Old Men, a movie that followed the main characters' conflict and action only to have the climax happen off screen!
Llewyln Moss was not the main character of that movie, and the shoot out with the Mexicans in the motel was not the climax.

Worst ending for me? Seven Pounds. The thing glorified suicide for God's sake.
I know what you mean, at least Million Dollar Baby presented it with the appropriate sadness and complexity.

Squidden

Nov 7, 2010
Knowing and 2012.

Can't Hollywood just sack up and end the world already? Shit man. Don't think of some loophole where the protagonists happen to avoid annihilation.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
For me, the most disappointing ending has to be either The X-Files or Star Trek: Voyager. Movie wise, I would say that Splice has to rank high. Others in this thread had already eloquently explained why that sucked.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
The ending to Hydrophobia.

You find Mila, kill her, take the antidote and the game ends. You don't even get to find out what happens to Scoot or the Queen of the World. You just black out and the credits roll.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
"Duizend Kilometer"(a Thousand Kilometers) it ended with only 2/6 characters, endings resolved.
Anime:
Angel Beats the ending felt terribly rushed with stuff like "it happed in the time skip" and "we were happy all along" I would have rather seen a few more episodes centered around the other characters.(like the Yui episode) maybe a episode for T.K. or Shiina (I was really interested in what they where in life)