Most disappointing movie?

swankyfella

Mar 17, 2011
X-Men 3, Episodes I, II, and III, Wolverine Origins, Spiderman 3, Watchmen, V For Vendetta, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Avatar. It was so gorgeous, so imaginative, so mindblowingly beautiful. Then some git makes the story about Space Pokahontas. Well, blue cat Pokahontas anyway...

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Wolverine: Origins. My friend and I went for the sole purpose of seeing Deadpool and Gambit in a movie. We left the theater, shellshocked, and spent the rest of the night with all of our comics featuring either of the two in a pile between us, trying to purge our minds.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I didn't expect it to be good, my girlfriend convinced me to see it with her... but damn. It was just plain bad in every way.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Sucker Punch...

Its mindfuckery was nowhere near enough mindfuckery to penetrate this guy's awesome skills of deduction!

[sub]Still, steampunk zombie germans... STEAMPUCK ZOMBIE GERMANS![/sub]

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
Star Wars episode 3, because it was the one that revealed that Darth Vader became THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH purely because because he's a whiny little *****.
At the time it was also the series last hope for redemption and it failed miserably.

Another movie that disappointed me was Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, the book was so much better.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
tjs09 said:
I Am Legend
They tarnished the legacy of the book, completely ignored the point of the store,and to top it all off, they included the much better ending on the DVD
Will Smith talking to mannequins was pretty funny though XD
This, a thousand times this!
I Am Legend is one of my favourite books and the movie was such a disapointment. I knew it wasn't going to be brilliant and would change some points, adaptions always do, but to change the entire meaning of the book was just downright retarded.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only film I can think of is Tron Legacy but I wouldn't say that is the most disappointing movie.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Spider-man 3, I went to see that film knowing that Venom would be in it and it would be awesome :|

Superman Returns, I am a massive superman fan, and this just seemed like a soap opera with Superman in it.

DeadMix

May 30, 2010
Citizen Kane and Psycho. I hear about these movies all my life and then...meh.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Cooperblack said:
Phantom Menace.
Amen to that, brother. We came out of that one thinking it was a joke and they played the wrong movie. We cried when we realized it was the real thing. *shudders*

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
gigastar said:
For me, The Expendables.

I just wish i could forget that movie out of existance.
Yeah, this.

"Yeah, we're the best."

"So wait, you plant tons and tons of C4 all over the back way in? You know, the escape route? And now you're going to make a run for it through a mostly open area through the enemies' front door?"

"Yup."

"And you don't see a problem with this?"

"Nope."

Action movies have to stop mistaking bigger guns and muscles equaling badass. I want characters that THINK. I want them to silently move from area to area and take out the enemy Rainbow Six style. You know, like proffessionals.

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
Advent Children. All the problems of Spirits Within plus the added weight of nostalgia. Dread to think how I'd have taken it if I had the kind of vested emotional interest in Final Fantasy VII which would have forced to attempt a justification of the film.

Also, Steamboy. Pretty but irritatingly overwrought.