Most Disturbing Movie You've Ever Seen

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
House of 1000 corpses was quite disgusting in every way and form, I spit on your grave had actual animals being killed and Hostel 2 was also quite bad. Stupid friend who makes me watch these films.

Smashking

Apr 2, 2008
The old screens they had when a tv had no signal, with the people just staring and the high pitched static/whine thing. I know it's stupid, but it used to creep me out.

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
The only movie I can remember that made me honestly feel afraid/creeped out was the original Friday the 13th. the cool part was
the killer wasnt Jason at all. It was his mum. She seemed like a normal person until she suddenly went kill crazy, and thats what makes it cool.

I also liked A Nightmare on Elm Street. I only saw the first one, but the part that made it so awesome was that it blurred the line between dreams and reality. Freddy was awesome too.

for the non horror genre, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the new one, not the one from the seventies). It had a certain creepy quality about it.

Joselyn

Feb 5, 2009
JMeganSnow said:
No Country For Old Men.
Through a Scanner Darkly was also pretty disturbing due to sheer difficulty of understanding what was happening. But I think No Country tops my personal list due to the intentional self-negation of the plot at the end of the movie.
Yes, I agree...No COuntry For Old Men was quite disturbing.....that guy who killed people with that freaky oxygen tank really freaked me out.....and the way he looked didn't help matters either...

Nov 28, 2007
I know I posted on here earlier, but what I put has been trumped. Quite simply, my answer is being changed to "Cape Fear". Man, that was a hard movie to make it through.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
I've seen a number of movies that were objectively more graphic than this (The Cell comes to mind), but the movie that disturbed me the most was a German film called "The Inheritors." Looking back I'm not sure why, but I was a wreck for the rest of the day after watching it.

The Overmatt

Oct 4, 2008
The Neon Genesis Evangelion series has some damn disturbing stuff. I first watched it when I was around 12 years old and I don't think I've ever looked at reality the same way since. Admittedly it's got some great light-hearted comedy too, but any of the "Berzerker" scenes will never be forgotten.

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
TitenSxull said:
And Manos: The Hands of Fate (worst movie ever made, check it out sometime)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7601757759632230570&ei=bbfJSfSOEKHO-AG-yfXFCw&q=mystery+science+theater+manos&hl=en

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Manos: The Hands of Fate link.

Back on topic, I'd put my vote with Hostel as well.

paiged

May 23, 2008
Glitter. Mariah Carey's acting is one of the most disturbing things I've seen.

Seriously though, I'm going to go with IT. I hate clowns, and pennywise is just plain creepy.