Most Frightening Game You've Seen?

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Fidelias said:
playing Bioshock (Bioshock 1 that is.) for the first time past 2 in the morning. I guess "scary" isn't the right term. More like "fear of the insanity corrupting your soul".

And for some reason the little sisters freaked me out the most. Not their big daddies or whatever, the little sisters themselves. I don't know, little girls trying to kill you and drink your blood freaks me out a little. Or a lot. I didn't get any sleep that night...

yeah... But damn that was a good game.
what creeped me out was walking down a corridor, everything is quiet, but then u hear a low somber voice in the distance singing "Jesus loves me, this I know, For the bible tells me so..." It was scary because i couldn't tell where they were, and 1min ago i was all alone.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Resident Evil. Cause I played that shit when I was like 10 years old or something >.<

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
There's only one game in my gaming history that has managed to frighten me.

Thief (and Thief 2, I suppose)

Not because it was particularly scary. It was dark in its own merit, but not a horror game. However, considering it was not built around combat, I grew extremely fidgety around creatures that I knew would eat me alive if I alerted them.

The rattling of chains, the moans of the dead and the hissing Join ussss, Join usss nooow of the haunts... ugh.

I jumped in my chair on many occasions and some of that is to blame on the sound quality of the game. Back then it was amazing.

Daenthos

Aug 12, 2009
Oh Christ, Shalebridge Cradle. Never saw such a scary fucking level pop up in a stealth game. The broken physics worked well with it; nothing scarier than a ghoul you've killed with holy water spasm back upright by being stuck in a door.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
Penumbra Overture, I'd say. The whole game was so fucking dark, and yet you didn't want to light up your flashlight or a flare, in fear of what you might alert.

Also, the game is best played on hard, combat in that game is to be avoided at all costs. If you play on easy it's hardly scary at all, because you know that you can send those cute little puppy dogs to kingdom come should they notice you.

Someperson307

Dec 19, 2008
Animal Crossing. This is actually like an awesome version of Shutter Island.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/index.html