Most Frustrating/Hardest Boss You Have Ever Defeated

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Runescape.

Any non-Deamonheim boss from Runescape, especially the Desert bosses (ie, those bosses from quests have haven't been updated since when they came out, which was ages ago).

God, I hate Runescape's new combat. The old one was worse, so *some* improvement has been made. Now Jaqex can finally focus on giving the AI the ability to walk around a table.

Augustine

Jun 21, 2012
Black Dragon Khalameet Dark Souls, mainly because I decided to chop off his tail to get the Obsidian Sword.

It was days filled with futility until a realized I must change the whole strategy. And "BAM!" did it.

And what does that troll boss drop?! A ring that causes YOU to take double damage! Well played Trolomeet, well played - even in death, you defy me...

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
ccdohl said:
Yea they're a challenge, but the most frustrating boss to me is/are the Four Kings. I can't tell you how furious I get trying to kill them every time I play.

The weirdest thing is that I seem to be the only one who ever brings them up, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.
No way, the Four Kings are some biotches! But it's more of a damage race with them. It took me 12 tries to beat them in New game ++. Before that I had never had a problem. What finally worked for me was using Quelaag's Furysword with 10 humanity and Giant's Armor. Granted everyone has a different approach. But Ornstein and Smough gave me more problems then any other boss in that game when ever I had to fight them with out help. I believe I was into the 30s in attempts.

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
Augustine said:
Black Dragon Khalameet Dark Souls, mainly because I decided to chop off his tail to get the Obsidian Sword.

It was days filled with futility until a realized I must change the whole strategy. And "BAM!" did it.

And what does that troll boss drop?! A ring that causes YOU to take double damage! Well played Trolomeet, well played - even in death, you defy me...
I never did that one alone, but I can totally imagine. However, the most fun I ever had fighting a boss was fighting Khalameet with two other people. It was one of "those" times when the right people were able to team up. Our strategy and team work was flawless. After we killed it, it was sad to see them go.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
The Four Kings in Dark Souls walloped me more than anyone should care to admit.

Otherwise, Nyx from Persona 3. I'm pretty sure that I spent over an hour chipping away at that monstrosity, and right after I used my best resources and it was within reach of dieing, it charmed one of my party members to fully heal it...

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Most frustrating for me would have to be Satan on hard in Castlevania LoS. Those damn red and blue magic circles! Plus he's one smug asshole

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
The dark aeons in Final Fantasy X. God damn they were tough. Dark Bahamut was probably the worst overall. It's like a constant uphill battle where you spend more time healing and reviving than you do attacking.

Kevin Bennett

Mar 5, 2011
The Jack monster at the very end of the Hammerlock DLC for Borderlands II. he can ONLY be damaged if you hit in one correct spot (anywhere else? it will throw your rounds BACK AT YOU, can't count how many times I ended up killing myself with a fire round), it has insane amounts of health, and oh yeah, it throws toxic canisters at you the size of a bus that even if you manage to dodge at just the right time? They explode and spew acid which kills you in a couple of seconds.

Frankly that whole DLC is wicked tough, from the scorpions that can jump huge distances to the spores that float above your head and rain down death to the witchdoctors that can wave their magic staff and level up the enemies waaaay above your level? All in all one of the most challenging DLCs I've ever played.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
My mind goes straight to Dungeon Siege 2's pre-final-boss Boss wiping out my entire team in seconds, over & over again. Never was very good with strategy. ::headshake::

Spiritmaster

Dec 4, 2012
Probably Rakanoth from Diablo 3 on inferno difficulty, which is really sad because he's little more than a miniboss. Then again, he has a tracking one-shot kill gap closer that activates if you get to far away, and a tracking one-shot melee attack that he does when you're close, and he summons adds. Took me and a buddy a ridiculous amount of attempts.