Most Gamers Haven't Heard of Natal or Move

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
I liked to know when the survey was done. About a month ago in early May PSN released couple PS"Move" ads in the store(for free of course),though I can't speak for the Marketplace. I know not everyone watches the Videos but (Clearly I guess.) but it seems off to me for a survey of them to be so low on just awareness of thier exsistance.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Miumaru said:
I find out too often what I consider common knowledge is not.
Yeah same here, not to mention they've been at E3 and had to have been in every gaming Mag at least once before.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of Wii/DS owners hadn't heard of Natal or Move, and they make up the majority of console gamers today- which is a shame for Sony and MS since they are probably part of the target audience.

I have also basically heard everything I know about either from this website. I will admit that it is quite possible any tv ads have slipped by unnoticed though - anyone see anything on UK TV?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
You know what would get me to buy a 360 and Natal? Police 911. And extra bonus points if I could play it with a real gun and some dummy ammunition and actually practice cover/reload drills with it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Well if you ask people who have ever played a game, then these numbers seem accurate. But I think if you asked a group of people who are active in the gaming community then I'm pretty sure the numbers would be more around 100% for both.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
The Nintendo hate on this website is ridiculous! It's a topic about Natal and Move, and people come in bashing the Wii?

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
its probly because they use the term gamers very loosly. as in have you ever played any game of any kind ever.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
Well those numbers make perfect sense when you consider Move and Natal haven't been advertised anywhere except gaming mags and websites, which the majority of gamers never see/visit.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I've heard about them, and am really not interested in them. We've been through the age of gimmicks
Exactly what he said. The Wii already proved that any motion control won't live up to expectations or hype so get back to making good games for the tried and tested controllers.
Dude, all the Wii proved is that first-generation technology is buggy. Natal and Move will both be building on Ninetendo's model, with years of playtesting, bug-fixing and reviews to use as a base model.

That said, I fully agree that they won't replace ordinary controllers. I did a presentation on it as part of a course I had to do, listing the many reasons that motion control is just a gimmick.

watergirl

Dec 2, 2008
ITT: people who know nothing about statistics. Given that there's at least a 3% margin of error in the reported results, saying that "Move slightly beat Natal" or "Natal [is] slightly behind" due to a 2 or 3% disparity is bogus; they are not significantly different.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Jack and Calumon said:
If Gamer includes those shut ins who play Call of Duty non stop, then this is understandable.
Not to mention the Halo-ites on 360, too.

But I'm shocked at the 360 numbers. The 360 dashboard videos are whoring it out every week.
Don't forget about the PS3. They mention Move on the What's New thing, and that's like, the first thing you see when you enter the dashboard when you turn on the console.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I'm still not really up to par with what "natal" exactly is, but I'm not sold on gimmicks.

I don't really care how much better it is than the Eye-toy or the Wii, I won't be picking it up.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
SonicWaffle said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I've heard about them, and am really not interested in them. We've been through the age of gimmicks
Exactly what he said. The Wii already proved that any motion control won't live up to expectations or hype so get back to making good games for the tried and tested controllers.
Dude, all the Wii proved is that first-generation technology is buggy. Natal and Move will both be building on Ninetendo's model, with years of playtesting, bug-fixing and reviews to use as a base model.

That said, I fully agree that they won't replace ordinary controllers. I did a presentation on it as part of a course I had to do, listing the many reasons that motion control is just a gimmick.
I agree. Even considering the biggest titles available on the Wii have alternate control methods. Example: Punch Out Wii allowed you to use the NES control scheme on the Wiimote, when you could use the Wiimote and Nunchuck controller. Mario Kart allowed you to use the Wiimote as a steering wheel, even though you could use a Gamecube controller, etc.

It's probably not going to be any different for the 360 or PS3 either. SOCOM 4 will use the Move, but is still playable with the regular controller. I imagine many games will use the motion controls as an alternative control scheme.

Speaking of, I wonder if that means playing Little Big Planet 2 with the Move at some inevitable point...

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Huh? Aren't they still in like, Beta? I haven't heard anything about these except on here. And what's with the "CoD shut-in remark"? I'm definitely not one, but it sounds like you're all saying that SINCE U PLAYIN GAMEZ U SHUD FOLLOW TEH GAMING NEWZ OR GTFO! Which hardly makes sense and is the same elitist attitude that makes people think games are for nerds.

That Eeyore

Aug 18, 2009
Huh. With how plugged in we all are into the industry, it's kinda easy to forget that some gamers aren't, isn't it?