Most Important Event in History

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
After taking my World History exam, which involved explaining what you think are the top 10 (really 8...) most important events in history, it suddenly occurred to me that I should have asked the Escapist to give some suggestions. While I've already taken it, I'd still like to hear your opinions.

So, Escapist, what do you think is one of the most important historical events in... history?

EDIT: By history, I meant that "World History" is what I was going for, since it was a World History class. So only something that happened on Earth. The creation of the universe wouldn't be an event that happened on Earth, unless you choose to believe so. That kind of thing is a huge gray area anyhow.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Simple - The further back you go the more consequences events have.

So for instance developing fire and the invention of agriculture are more important than the fall of the Berlin wall...

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
WW1 and 2, creation, the whole age of imperialism, 500bc to 500ad(Romans), mastery of fire, earliest civilizations(Mesopotamia and Egypt), foundation of Christianity(we affected a lot of history), the signing of the Magna Carta, the creation of the internet.

Leorex

Jun 4, 2008
if your talking recorded history, then im going to say the fall of rome.

sallene

Dec 11, 2008
The first nuclear Test at Trinity I would say would be pretty high up there.

DinosaurSnack

May 8, 2009
Well off the top of my head I'll name some.

The Internet
The Great Depression
Atom and later Hydrogen bomb
The Crusades
The Renaissance

And other stuff starting with 'The'(mostly) in history really.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Lexodus said:
My birthday, obviously.
Fuck!
Beat me to it.

That's what I get for watching Dexter.

But yeah. My birth.
How's about we split it? OUR birth?
Wait. You mean I missed Dexter? Craaaaap.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
My birth. Trust me, it's not a huge deal yet, but it will be. Just you wait...

For the other 7, I'd say (in no order): the invention of the written word, early civilizations (see black lincon's examples), fire, the Internet, the wheel, the collection of ideas which is considered "higher mathematics" (anything above simple geometry in my book), and MaxTheReaper. He is the whole event.

Edit: Wow, I am a slow typist since so many people managed to get their births before me. Last I saw, black lincon was the last to post.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
The development of writing.

quiet_samurai said:
the creation of the written word in ancient Babylon.

Cnueform? i think it's called.
DAMNIT ALL TO HELL! You crafty ninja, you.