Most memorable scene from a game,

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
SikOseph said:
Yeah for sure. MGS3 was such a return to form. I still haven't played 4 - I feel a lot like it's going to disappoint me when I do...
You should definitely play it, but personally I was severely disappointed - it's a good game, but you'll also realize what a shitty editor Kojima really is as a story-teller. 1 & 3 were much better, IMO. But, I digress.

On topic: Another entry - Shepard's epic conversation with Sovereign in Mass Effect. "I am the vanguard of your destruction..."

Muffinthraka

Aug 6, 2009
Continuum said:
Muffinthraka said:
I wanted to put one from FFX but I don't know which one to choose, possibly where Tidus learns the truth about the final summoning.

However, there is one scene from another game; the credits/music video from Plants vs Zombies.
I hear Plants vs Zombies is good, would you recommend ?
Absolutely, there is so much to do in it and the whole game is full of character. I bought it ages ago and I'm still experimenting with it.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I'm suprised no one has any portal quotes.

So:

When you kill the Companion Cube! CUUUUUBE!

And, of course, the credits and music.
Memorable mainly because I was so glad to be rid of the thing, at least in my case xD

I one if mine is the first time I walked into a barnacle in HL2, that won't leave me for a while. And when you get the full portal device, that was always a nice moment. -tries to figure out what else-

The end of FFVII, because it meant I was done with that sorry game and could justify hating it.

BuzzDJT

Dec 12, 2009
I'm totally on bored with Metak gear solid, the PS1 game, that was all kinds of awesome, from the movie like opening credits to the brilliant 'Hal and Dave?' bit with the Otacon ending.
Aeris' butchering by sepharoth, still the best badguy in a game was a shock, but i thought the scenes when you visit the original cloud's home was the best twist in the game.

Two that haven't been mentioned that I love,

the T-Rex in the first Tomb Raider Game,
Playing SSF2Turbo, the first time I took a round off stephen Hillan, in a Ken V Ryu match, the guy was just amazing at the game, in nearly 20 years the best guy i've ever played against, and the guy who showed me how to accurately dragon punch when you wanted to.
Actually, the first time you pull that move off when you need it is a pretty memorable one

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
I thought the end of HL2:ep1 was pretty awesome. Big ol' asplosion! The first time i saw el gigante in RE4, i pissed myself (in excitement AND horror). Also the whole twist thing with your character in KOTOR was pretty interesting when i first saw it.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Thunderhorse31 said:
SikOseph said:
Yeah for sure. MGS3 was such a return to form. I still haven't played 4 - I feel a lot like it's going to disappoint me when I do...
You should definitely play it, but personally I was severely disappointed - it's a good game, but you'll also realize what a shitty editor Kojima really is as a story-teller. 1 & 3 were much better, IMO. But, I digress.

On topic: Another entry - Shepard's epic conversation with Sovereign in Mass Effect. "I am the vanguard of your destruction..."
I totally agree with the whole MGS4 thing. One and three were mind blowing and evocative but it would seem four was lacking the heart and soul of MGS. Again - awesome game but I think its loss may have been to do with the P$3 <- (pun intended)

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
At the end of Prince of Persia 2008 wheeeen--
when Elika dies for the good of all mankind, and the Prince revives her damning all mankind.

Alluminn

May 7, 2008
Ramirez getting super pissed at you for killing Galcian in Skies of Arcadia right before the final fight

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
In the Fallout 3 DLC Broken Steel...
... When LIberty Prime blows up. NOOO!!! I loved Prime! :(

Bilbo536

Sep 24, 2009
In Zelda: TP when the sages attempt to execute Ganondorf with a sword through the chest, only to have him break out of his chains, pull it out of his chest, and kill one of them with it. I do not possess the necessary descriptive powers to do its epicness justice, but if you've seen it you know what I mean.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Demon ID said:
dragon_of_red said:
Hmm, Aeris getting stabbed, anybody? anybody?
What game are you on about?
(I will continue to act oblivious until i drive some rabid Fina... something something fan crazy)

recently i'm thinking about the AC2 mind fuck. Though earlier memories are like in mass effect when the humans arrive, oblivion with martin-tin, Fallout 3 death, Halo 3 ending and Castle crashers clown bit.
hes referring to FF7

Invaderbrim

Nov 9, 2009
Even thought it was by far not one of the best games of its series, the end of the fight with gannandorf in Wind Waker was extremely epic. For those of you who havent seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwHeAIXbjY&feature=related

Just skip to the end for the good part.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Modern Warfare 2. *spoiler? i guess?* The two main character's getting killed, one in a terrible way, but the part that I was happy about was when you had to get to the roof and light the flares, and you look over the city and you see many green flares. I just looked and went "I am not freeking dead. YES!!"

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
The ending to the Protoss campaign in the original Starcraft. My 8 year old mind was blown.

More recently:
"I am not Mary. I am KOS-MOS!"

And too many to name in Metal Wolf Chaos. I'm not quite sure if the ones in Metal Wolf Chaos are the "good" kind of memorable but they uhhh, definitely make an impression...