Most messed up thing you have done in Fallout 3

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
Man I have no idea I play PC-version, but are you sure you are willing to attempt this act of utter insanity freely!?

DiamondJim

Sep 27, 2008
My friend and I took turns killing the scientist for the "Those!" quest. Quicksave, Load, kill, rinse, repeat. Tried to find the most amusing way to blow him away.

I've concurred that punching his head clean off with one swing of the Power Fist is highly amusing. Especially as he runs.

What? Why, yes, I am a sadist, thank you for asking!

Darthracoon

Aug 27, 2008
mine was probalby inside the vault 112(?) simulation where you are supposed to make a little boy cry so i thought what would make him cry? It was obvious, kil his parents so i get to their house and the mum is upstairs so i stroll into the kitchen and pick up a rolling pin and sneak into the bedroom where the mother is and i smash the back of her head in as her arms explode(Bloody mess) as im heading down the stairs the dad starts to walk up to me, now i had dropped my rolling pin so i only had one option.... my fists, so i do a charge up attack at his groin and both of his legs detach at the joint as he screams in terror falling down the stairs then the boy comes in sobbing.

I felt bad, real bad.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Finished it and realised I couldn't continue playing. "No biggie" I figured "I'll just reload my last save!". Then I realised my last and only other save was moments before the final scene...

*cries*

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
A talon mercenary was cowering in fear after I brought down the majority of his HP. He had been attacking me with grenades. So I backed up, activated my good friend VATS, and shot the grenade hanging off his belt. He exploded in a hilarious shower of guts. I didn't think it would work!

After that I couldn't wait until I saw a raider with grenades. Didn't take long. He was in mid throw when it blew up...ahh, to be young again...and headless...with no arms.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
At the start of the part of the game where you begin trying to escape, I accidently killed a poor woman while trying to save her from the rad roaches. I was hitting the roaches with the police baton and she got in the way too many times. I felt bad about that, especially when the lady's kid started yelling and crying at me for not saving her. I also wound up getting the Sherrif killed while trying to help him deal with the guy in Megaton who wanted someone to blow up the bomb. I tried to kill the bad guy before he could kill the sherrif but wasn't fast enough. Then I beat the guy to death with my police baton while he just tried to run away and didn't really attack me back too much. I wonder how many other unintended consequences this game has lurking.

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
I blew up megaton.

I dare anyone to try and beat that!
That is not only messed up but dumb. There are a lot of goodies to get out of Megaton that you missed out on by blowing it up.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
I'm a very good character, but I like killing evil people in gruesome ways. I killed Mr. Tenpenny quite clean. I just walked up to the top of his tower (after bribing the guard to let me in), blew his head clean off with one shot and then quitely went downstairs again.

Eh, anyway, I killed a big load of slavers today and put them all on a pile with the drag button. After that I roasted them.

FrankDux

Aug 5, 2008
dukethepcdr said:
I blew up megaton.

That is not only messed up but dumb. There are a lot of goodies to get out of Megaton that you missed out on by blowing it up.
Yeah, a ton of story arcs just end when you do that. There are a bunch of people you can do missions for and stuff that you totally lose when you do that. That does take the cake though...

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Jamash said:
The most messed up thing I wanted to do was on the mission Those! where I had to go & check on that kids father. Once I discovered he was dead I wanted to pick up his body & carry it to the kid to show him, holding him up standing & facing door of the shelter the kid waits in, as I opened the door...Surprise! I found your Dad!

Unfortunately the game wouldn't let me carry his dead dad out of the house, so I had to settle for stuffing a few heads & limbs of some raiders & blew up with a grenade into the shelter with the kid, you know, to keep him company & give him something to play with in the pitch black shelter while I went off to kill the ants. Also the make sure he was super safe I put a mine outside the door, so nobody could sneak up on him...

But I got distracted doing that mission by some Brotherhood of Steel guys & Super Mutants, so I haven't completed it yet or gone back to the shelter, the kid's still in there... in the dark... with his 'toys'.
That is hilarious. I could just imagine you miming with the dad's dead body - "I'm ok son! - haha, nah, just kidding, it's me."

Codgo said:
ThaBenMan said:
Probably when I got myself irradiated for Moira's research. I just went down to the big ol' nuke in the middle of Megaton and splashed around for a good 10 minutes (I was going for the optional 600 rads). It struck me just how odd I must've looked - frolicking around a giant nuclear warhead until I developed severe cancer in every part of my body.
I always find that dude preaching at the bomb interesting. He always standing in the water, he should be dead!
Well, maybe because he was born in the wasteland, he has a much better resistance to radiation. He can shrug off something that would kill you or I (rad-virgin Vault Dwellers).

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
This is a little but disturbing now that ive done it but here it goes. You know when your near a super mutant camp and you see the "gorebags", well I noticed there a several varying mutilated body parts in them, so for the rest of the game I made it a habit of collecting all the body parts i could, but rather then store them in a cabinet in my house, I thought it would be interesting to make a pile of body parts on the floor, to break the look of my vault style house. After I realized that you had to drop them one at a time to make a pile, I quickly returned to the missions, stopping every so often to deposit my friendly assortment of body parts. After a few missions my floor was covered in disembodied limbs and heads, and as an added effect i dropped a fair amount of blood packs, and teddy bears on the floor. It was kinda odd when I took the time to study what I had done. Kinda like doctor Frankenstein, except not as poetic, or awesome.

Spartan Bannana

Apr 27, 2008
Im A Cuttlefish said:
In a slightly off topic movement, this post is going in the opposite direction.

Now firstly I play my character as neutral, I blew up Megaton because I like Tenpenny Towers, but I am also quite nice to people and just do what I feel like at the time.

So naturally i've been horrid to people, i've shot harmless scavangers, killed the Ghouls that annoy Tenpenny towers because they're ugly, but there is one thing I can't do.

No matter how hard I try, even with the promise of being able to load a save from 2 minutes before, I jsut can't kill Dogmeat. He's my friend and out in the wastelands a man gets awful lonely and has some "needs". I jsut love Dogmeat too much.
That's exactly how I feel

Dr Spaceman

Sep 22, 2008
DYin01 said:
Eh, anyway, I killed a big load of slavers today and put them all on a pile with the drag button. After that I roasted them.
Now, whoever said that people who play video games aren't creative? No, but that just really shows the awesome amount of freedom, and the encouragement of that freedom, in this game.

I'm starting my second playthrough with a character that can sneak so I can jump on this whole "Exploding Pants" bandwagon. It really sounds like a blast.

P.S. You're all welcome for that joke. (sounds like a blast...) Feel free to tell it to your grandparents, religious leaders, or local small children. I'm sure they'll think it's very funny.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
FrankDux said:
dukethepcdr said:
I blew up megaton.

Yeah, a ton of story arcs just end when you do that. There are a bunch of people you can do missions for and stuff that you totally lose when you do that. That does take the cake though...
You can continue the main story by going to GNR or Rivet City

you can do blood ties by going to Arefu

you can do the wasteland survival guide by going to Underworld

About the only thing you lose if you blow up megaton is the Strength bobblehead, if you don't get it before you blow it up, which is very possible.

Heck, you can run into megaton, break into the back of the saloon, break into the cabinet, use Moriarti's computer, talk to Burke, agree to blow it up, run to lucas smith's place, get the strength bobble, set the charge, run to tenpenny tower, bam.

no loss at all

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Every time I start a game, just before the GOAT, I punch butch unconscious in the exam room. Also, I later killed him with the bb gun.

MrShrike

Oct 27, 2008
Being the good fellow that i am in RPG's (bar fable 2) The most i did was make that kid cry in the tranquility simulation. that was before i knew i didnt have to though

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
After getting a device that will remain unnamed in a place also unnamed I journeyed to a place where I knew a community of cannibals existed and stealthfully enslaved each one of them. In my mind I was doing the right thing, in the slave pens they would no longer be a threat to weary travellers. Also, at 250 caps a head I turned a pretty good profit. I do still feel a little bad for their two orphan children though, I wonder what will become of them...