Most messed up thing you have done in Fallout 3

waffletaco

Sep 5, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
Probably when I got myself irradiated for Moira's research. I just went down to the big ol' nuke in the middle of Megaton and splashed around for a good 10 minutes (I was going for the optional 600 rads). It struck me just how odd I must've looked - frolicking around a giant nuclear warhead until I developed severe cancer in every part of my body.
It would've been faster if you also drank the water while you stood in it. :p Would've saved you 9 minutes.

Jul 23, 2008
Cloud1227 said:
The most messed up thing I did was at a friends house. He was annoyed for some reason at the people in the church in Megaton. He decided to end their miserable lives with his 10mm Pistol. Me usually being the nice guy in games takes his controller and scolds him. "Bad (insert friend's name here). You should know better than that." I then switch to his missle launcher and VATS a random victim and launch the missle. "That is how you take out a church." This left my friend crying in laugher as we pasued the game still laughing. After that I decided to see what activating the bomb in Megaton would do on my name. I saved before hand and walked the distance. Usually annoyed at how game hype up tramatic moments only for them to be less than great. I was pleased and shocked to see how I doomed the entire town.
Yet, arguably the most annoying resident of megaton still lives!

And at least end the church goers lives with a mini nuke. it's what they would want.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
Well, I'm a Slaver in the game now, so I've done a whole litany of messed up stuff. Most of which involve trying to kidnap people. For a while, the people I was abducting kept dying before they reached Paradise Falls, as they were miles away from the bloody place and took the most direct route, which sometimes involved running through a Deathclaw infestation. I didn't pick this up 'till last night.

Worst thing I've done for the Slavers? Abduct a naieve kid from Little Lamplight. Man, that was a terrible thing to do.

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
WheresMyCow said:
Wow you guys are sick in the head, no offense, I'm not exactly the most sane person either. Still that's some messed up stuff.
Indeed! Although some of this posts are rather lame. Fallout is supposed to be extreme gaming experience after all

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
This brings me back to Fallout 2 when I discovered you could shoot people in the groin, how brutal is that on a scale? As I didn't have the patience for all the talketive types of the wastes at the time I made a character named the "Groininator" whose sole purpose was to get through the game by terminating all life in his path through groinshooting. The Groininator met hundreds of poor souls, some strong others weak some even children, popped one or two shots in their groins and then killed them face to face with a blunt hammer to the eyes on the ground. From New Reno to Vault City he romed leaving no ones testisection untouched. As I got to the oil tanker after a fit of groinshooting I quickly realized that I couldn't get any farther in the story since the people who were supposed to drive the tanker where lying dead on the ground with bullet holes to the groin ... and thusly I concluded that my job was done and the game finished. The only problem seemed to be in finding the groin on insects and robots but I managed alright nevertheless. Unfortunatly there is no groin shooting in Fallout 3, but maybe that is for the best

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
^^ I did that in Soldier of Fortune

went through the whole game, getting almost 100% Nether Region shots.

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
I wouldn't say that is very psychotic in itself. It is one thing to push a button from afar, it is quite the other to chase the poor devils down with a flaming sword, throw their dismember heads in the radioactive water, dance around with naked corpses and THEN push the button. This is after all, the MOST messed up thing you can try to do

Kenny Doyle

Jun 4, 2008
I set up the dude who offers you to blow up Megaton then refused and grassed him up to the sheriff. Because I liked both of their hats.

So the sheriff yells at the dude then gets shot in the back, I took this oppertunity to look the sheriff, claiming his hat and duster, then turn my new found Chinese Assult Rifle to the well dressed guy's head and blew it off, then picked up his head-gib and placed it on a bar stool, looting his suit, hat and glasses which surprisingly, his disembodied head still wore after I took it off him. What surprised my further is that killing the guy who works for Tenpenny gives you good Karma, too. But still. I leave Megaton with 2 new outfits and a crappy Megaton house that I could never afford to upgrade ever.

There's my experience. Right thar.

Abtinx

Nov 6, 2008
wilsonscrazybed said:
After getting a device that will remain unnamed in a place also unnamed I journeyed to a place where I knew a community of cannibals existed and stealthfully enslaved each one of them. In my mind I was doing the right thing, in the slave pens they would no longer be a threat to weary travellers. Also, at 250 caps a head I turned a pretty good profit. I do still feel a little bad for their two orphan children though, I wonder what will become of them...
Maybe they will aspire to something greater than their parents, maybe they will become slavers themselves? The world is full of endless possibilities after all! :)

brenflood

Jan 27, 2008
I unintentionally killed the druggie guy in Rivet City. He was walking towards the door of his own room and I closed it. He must've got trapped in the doorway and had it close on him. Somehow this killed him, because I heard him scream and then saw that he died. I lost no karma, though. It was a really weird glitch, but my friend and I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that a damn door killed a man.
Also, in my first play through I killed Amata's father because I didn't know of a better way to get the stuff I needed. I sucked at lock picking. Still do. I didn't know that the bastard had an extra one in his room.

brenflood

Jan 27, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
brenflood said:
I unintentionally killed the druggie guy in Rivet City. He was walking towards the door of his own room and I closed it. He must've got trapped in the doorway and had it close on him. Somehow this killed him, because I heard him scream and then saw that he died. I lost no karma, though. It was a really weird glitch, but my friend and I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that a damn door killed a man.
Also, in my first play through I killed Amata's father because I didn't know of a better way to get the stuff I needed. I sucked at lock picking. Still do. I didn't know that the bastard had an extra one in his room.
You gave him a Psycho right? That wasn't a door glitch, he just overdosed.
It's supposed to happen.
Hmm. I'm trying to remember. I think I might have. That would make a lot more sense than a door glitch. But you needed to see it. it seriously seemed like the door closed on him and he died. well, thanks for letting me know. I've been a little paranoid about doors on that ship ever since.

AwesomeHat

Jan 17, 2008
God, the stuff I've done. Blowing up Megaton JUST to kill that goddamn annoying voiced trader woman was one, but.. oh, she survived, dammit.

Any numerous millions of times I've played around with corpses and limbs; I think I have a gif somewhere of two corpses in Oblivion doing the horizontal bop via that handy "grab but dont take" key. I've stolen every single coffee cup I can find in the game, the grand total so far is around 500-600. They ain't getting their coffee.

That was purely due to the games similarity to Oblivion though, I used to steal forks back in TES days.

I became so annoyed by the unkillable children that I spent several minutes firing mini-nukes at them and generally trying to set them on fire, well, there's probably more but it's late and I've forgotten.

Oh, a good unintentional one. I shot a raider in the head in a valley, and as I was reloading and looking around for more, I saw something streak violently through the air. As I watched, I realised the raider must have hit a stress point in the map or something, he was getting thrown violently around this valley. About ten seconds later he hit a cliff. Very hard. The limbs could have been found half the world away, I shit you not.

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008
There's something about this game which just makes me want to charge about the wasteland with a crazy green mohawk in a welder's mask popping off limbs left right and centre with my trusty hunting rifle. As gruesome and childish as that may seem it's the truth.

Must say the funniest horrible thing I did was with the kid from the fire-ant quest. He always annoyed me from the outset (most of the children do, damn you Bethsedea) and so I decided that I'd do his quest to lull him into a false sense of security before slaughtering him. As it turns out this kid cannot be killed and I ended up chasing him through the streets and into a ruined building with a ripper and aforementioned haircut and mask. Moving the view around it looked like something out of a trashy 80s horror film as I chased the kid.

I've since decided that I'll find him a place to live (haven't talked to the person in Rivet City yet) and once he's there I'll just murder anyone he lives with in front of him.

Also, after saving the vault and getting the result where Amata is made the new overseer I was in the main room near the exit where the old overseer bumped into me. Annoyed at his snide comment after all that I'd done I pulled out my combat shotgun and blew his brains out (bloody mess perk is just ridiculous). After dealing with the guard who saw this I went on my way, never to return (I save the day and get asked to leave! the sheer nerve)

I realise all this blood is childish, but it is the most cinematic ultra-violence I've ever seen in a game and it's extremely satisfying in implementation (in VATS particularly), along with being a bit tongue in cheek too. Even a friend who cannot understand the appeal of games where you have to kill people thought it was stunning.