Most Overrated Game

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Dr. Gorgenflex said:
What do you guys think the most overrated game of all time is.

For me, it definitely has to be Modern Warfare 2. It had a short, stupid campaign, multiplayer that was a step backwards from CoD 4, and this game received a metascore of 94. The only thing they added was a co op mode which isn't even that good. The reviews of this game drive me to insanity because they state the major flaws and give it 10/10 anyways and people praise it.
I understand what you mean about the reviews, on the official xbox magazine they reviewed l4d2 and gave it a 9/10 because THEY WANTED MORE, what? they complain its not good enough because there isnt enough, THAT'S GOOD. Then they review MW2 and give it a 10/10, they even said it was too short, so a game that is too short gets a 9/10 yet a game that is even shorter gets a 10/10?

Splitter

Jul 10, 2008
All GTAs. Seriously I get bored of them after about 10 minutes unless its the right scenario and then I still usually get all meh about them after an hour or so.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
FF7. It's not even the best in the series, let alone the best RPG ever. Plus Cloud is a whiny spiky haired bastard who sits about crying "I'm not strong enough" for the whole game.

Halo 3 - see above

Gears of War 2 - A very short and repetitive slumber through a terrible hardly-existant story and annoying homoerotic macho retards. Plus the multiplayer was and still is a lagfest.

ashplosh

Dec 21, 2009
God of war I like the game but I know better similar games kh2, castlevania lament of innocence
mario no game in this day and age should live on girls geting kidnapped 100+ times
ff7 kill healer put cloud in a wheelchair 80% of the game is talking and that's why it's the best game ever

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
AC Medina said:
It goes...

1. FF X
2. FF IX
3. FF VII
4. FF VIII
5. FF XII
I never played IX, someone told me it was really childish, but VIII sucked. I've tried multiple times and can't get into it. It was just so slow and boring, and everything they did with the magic, summons, cards, limit breaks, etc. was just annoying.

OT: Halo, Starcraft, MW2, TF2. The first two have something in common. Basic generic FPS (or RTS for SC) game, only in space.

Huupertti

Dec 3, 2009
probably Fallout 3, modern warfare and ocarina of time

Fallout is good but not that awesome, modern warfare is't that good but it was fun and ocarina of time was poop in my opinion
EDIT: FF VII wasn't that good

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
Call of Duty MW2, Halo, and GTA4.

GTA1,2 were awesome but four...
I agree with you completely, after gta2 the series just became focused on whores and the life of a "ganster".
I also agree about halo and cod.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Going by review scores it has to be GTA4. The reviews of this game were farcical and resulted in a lot of us taking game reviews as seriously as a flower in a clown's lapel.

Going by forum chatter it is Planescape: Torment. Okay, the game is good and deserves a cult like following but the cult is now in charge and has set up an inquisition. In some ways PS:T sucks.

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Oblivion. Imagine Morrowind was a long, relaxing drag of your finest cigarette, Oblivion was a few chews on some nicotine gum before accidentally choking on it.

Everybody holds RPGs to a standard set by Oblivion that is quite hard to live up to, because most RPGs aren't that mediocre. It's fun to explore, and with Mods it can be almost enjoyable, but all in all saying something should be "like Oblivion, but.." is condemning it to forgo all depth.

I did however have fun with it for a week or two, it was just when I realized how shallow it really was that I begun to question it an ickle bit

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Half Life series has been blown way out of proportion in terms of hype, they are quite boring games and nowhere near the levels of hype they generate.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
The most over-rated game of ALL TIME. Hmmm...

I really don't know. I kind of want to join the mass of Modern Warfare 2 haters, but at the same time I'm not sure that qualifies as the all-time over-rated game. Definitely of the YEAR and perhaps decade, but I digress.

Probably the single most over-rated game of ALL TIME was Everquest. Just ask anyone that flushed years of thier lives away on that game and quit playing. You know who you are.