Most powerful character in anything anywhere

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Iron Mal said:
The Saint of Killers from The Preacher.

The guy has dual revolvers that have infinate bullets and are guarenteed to kill whatever they hit in a single shot (they were crafted from the sword of the Angel of Death), he is invulnerable to all forms of harm and cannot be stopped or killed.

He also has a rather impressive list of victories to boot, he has killed: God, Satan, an entire secret society and many other assorted individuals (too many to count).

Also, he was hit full pelt by a truck and didn't seem to react at all (that's just badass).
I forgot about Saint of Killers! The man who shot god. Nevermind, Saint of Killers wins. The army nuked him once, and he said they didn't use enough gun.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
lycanthrope321 said:
The Clown, Madness interactive, can cause glitches in reality and bring people and things back to life including himself, and can manipulate everything the world.
What about Hank?
I'd put money on Hank killing Goku. He's killed Jesus and an untold number of gun toting henchmen, not to mention the clown several times over.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Well, in general every ongoing universe has characters who are defined as totally all powerful at one point or another. So any serious discussion needs some qualification.

It's also important to note that in general comedy characters should be considered seperate from serious fare. Dragonball Z for example is a satire, and the power level it's on is intended to be funny, even if it manages to stay fairly consistant within it's own mythos. Putting say Goku up against a character who no matter how cheeseball they might have been at times is trying to be taken seriously (like say Superman) doesn't work... because as people have pointed out Goku is by definition absurd (he dies, goes into training in heaven like a martial arts movie, is inevitably resurrected and comes back stronger).

It's also debatable because especially when dealing with the Western concept of heroes, you have a LOT of characters who have unbelievable power but for one reason or another hold back and don't use it (knowingly or otherwise). Some eastern/anime type characters HAVE indeed emulated this, but it tends to be a bit more common, with the characters oftentimes being the exact opposite of the whole "Spider Man" thing and using their power with incredible irresponsibility.

In general if I had to pick a single character (as I did in a similar discussion) I'd pick Thissaly from the DC Universe. Really the only reason she runs into problems is because of her arrogance. All this discussion about destroying universes and such is nice, but she can do that quite easily. She just prefers to sit around with her bunny slipprs, drink tea, and read poetry. When she cuts loose she's usually playing on the level of universal concepts that define all reality. Gods generally don't mess with her (though many hate her guts for various reasons), it was defined in one comic that she learned how to "topple the pillars of heaven and hell" and basically destroy all reality. Goku, The Spawn Mythos, The Beyonder as originally defined (the incarnation of an entire reality as a being), she's more powerful than any of that stuff. To really "get" Thissaly you have to be like Dream, but even then she's been able to single handedly cast spells on that level, and frankly most of those beings either leave her alone (and she's basically on a first name basis with most of them).

She's pretty much #1 on my list simply because unlike other characters who were redefined, had their power "potentially", or for some reason lost or do not use it, she has remained consistantly on that power level... which is generally fine given that the stories with her while fairly serious usually take place on such an absurdly high cosmic level. Usually involving such concepts as (from Sandman where she was created): by extremely dumb luck, cosmic forces happen to convege on the residents of an apartment building where she happens to live, and just wants to be left alone.... causing her to get irritated.

-

If I have to pick a character for generally absurd universes I generally go with Bugs Bunny. Laugh if you want but the guy is totally indestructable, and reality surrealistically alters itself to his benefit. Not even Goku could defeat Bugs Bunny. Even if he destroyed a planet all that would happen is Bugs would poke him on the should from behind and go "Eh, what's up Doc?"

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
Well I'll say maybe:
The Azure Knights in .hack//G.U., because they just come back two days after death. And Azure Kite was the hardest boss I've ever had to fight.

WeeGee! XD [the meme kills all]

That's all I got right now.

holycow88

Nov 3, 2009
If you pretty much go nuts and bonkers im sure any of the grand theft auto charaters will seem packed full of authority. But in terms of seer power eddie gordo for beat em ups.

A F1 car in gran torismo, Squall for an RPG, mario for a platformer, Gordon freeman for an fps, A guitar for guitar hero, a frog for frogger and maybe your self in an rts depends on how good you are really.

koralsi

Oct 26, 2009
srgt johnson in halo 3. you can let him do almost anything and he doesn't f-ing die!

Hctib

Jul 22, 2009
Sulu said:
Morgoth.

One of the original Valars that managed to CREATE CHAOS AND FRACKIN' EVIL by singing? Not to mention waging a war which the only way to end was to summon ALL the other Valars and the entire living population of Beleriand to only IMPRISON him. And he was Saurons mentor and master. HOT DAMN SKIPPY!

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
I'm impressed that no one has said "Akira," or at least the dude--Kaneda, or something like that--who goes on a rampage and destroys everything in his path in that movie. Screw the Hulk, that is one dude you don't wanna piss off.
Well that or Jean Grey when she becomes the Phoenix, who is kinda the aforementioned dude

now that I think about it, the dude from Wanted was pretty unstoppable. the dude practically took on an army with nothing but a pistol. come on, who doesn't want to curve a bullet

konkwastaken

Jan 16, 2009
One Above All.

The One-Above-All is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. He is the most powerful being in the Marvel Multiverse. His powers are unlimited, incalculable and immeasurable.
The Living Tribunal revealed to Doctor Strange, that he answers only to the One-Above-All.
Occupation - Ruler of the Multiverse
Aliases - God
The One-Above-All is also Omnipresent which means that there exists only one, and in all realities at once.

He is tied with Presence, One Above All's DC counterpart.

The Presence is the supreme being in the DC Comics Universe as it is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

The Presence is the beyond the Source which is merely thought of as the intelligence aspect of its infinite scope.

The Presence is everywhere at all time. It chooses to appear in different forms such as the "Hand of Creation."

The Presence is the most powerful entity in the DC Universe. Different stories portray it as being the "creator of the DC universe" and thus transcending all things with the Presence itself being its representation within creation. Other stories have it as another god who inherited a large portion of the godwave, the force that created the gods of the DC universe, and relies on the faith of its worshipers to empower it.

http://www.comicvine.com/one-above-all/29-44473/

http://marvel.wikia.com/One_Above_All_(Supreme_Being)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Presence_(New_Earth)

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
Rutkowski said:
Oh, and I'd say the Abrahamitic God/Allah/Jehova. If anyone would challenged him in a way that threatened him he'd just remove them from existance before they even thought the thought.
Technically true, but I feel a little uncomfortable with any mention of concepts relating to the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent in a thread explicitly referring to "characters." Implying that God is merely a character in a created work, while arguable from an atheist or non-deist perspective, is not necessarily the most respectful way to treat the concept.

Also, it's the Easy Answer. Those are always the most trite and boring.

konkwastaken said:
One Above All.
Well this one IS a character in a created work. And he even provided Wikipedia links, so it's all good there.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, I'll be damned. Now that I think about it, I'm gonna join the consensus with saying Goku--there's not many others out there, who can decimate entire landscapes by screaming loudly and looking like you have to pass a really difficult poo, not to mention simply come back to life after training hard enough to specifically beat the challenge that killed you...

Although...

Therumancer said:
Bugs Bunny.
You, sir, know how to make an interesting point--but, I will counter with this--Bugs does die, once. The Opera Episode, between Elmer and Bugs--Elmer takes him down, and carries his corpse solemnly offscreen, remarking about how operas don't have happy endings.

the protaginist said:
Alex Mercer. Alex Mercer cannot die. Alex Mercer can manipulate himself in any way he sees fit. Alex Mercer can regenerate himself from a single cell. Even if you have something capable of stopping him, Alex Mercer will EAT YOU AND TAKE IT.

Ladies and Gents, Alex Mercer.
Then why did that damn death screen pop up so many times on those pesky missions where you have no powers and you have to root out those annoying hunters?

Damn, Ninja'd.

cjbos81 said:
Jesus.

OH, SNAP!
But he lost... ;)

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
I forgot earlier: The One.
From that movie where there is a multiverse and if you kill the other copies of you in different universes you become stronger; well The One got it down to him and a final copy...
And in the end they some how imprisoned him on a giant pyramid where everyone gets their ass handed to them by him.