Most stupid personal question you've been asked?

Faladorian

May 3, 2010
saintdane05 said:
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
guidance said:
"Do you speak Jew?"

That wasn't even one person one time. Who is going around telling people Jewish is a language?
Maybe they meant Yiddish, but didn't know the actual name?
It could also be the actual language of Hebrew.

Or Archaic Biblical Hebrew.

Or Standard Biblical Hebrew

Or Late Biblical Hebrew

Or Israelian Hebrew.

Or Dead Sea Scroll Hebrew

Or Mishnaic Hebrew
You can't expect people to be knowledgeable in this day and age, didn't you know?

(Also, is your avatar Maka from Soul Eater? If not, it looks a hell of a lot like her)

OT: I've had plenty of the "Why don't you believe in God?" crowd... some so far as to even group up and start yelling at me, and mostly just exclaiming things like "GOD EXISTS, YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID!"

Yeah... I don't enjoy this world.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Jortluz said:
SweetShark said:
http://h12.abload.de/img/hm...g7bb.gif[/im g]
O.......k?[/quote]

Indeed, it is wise to not ask me why I asked this question.........I will make all the Ecsapist users to do a Wat-Face really HARD!!!

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Host: Would like like some suasage?
Me: No thanks, I'm a vegetarian.
Host: Oh okay! Would you like some fish?
Me: ... No thanks, I'm a vegetarian.

Not an isolated event. Almost everyone who finds out I'm a vegetarian asks if I eat fish.

Toy Master Typhus

Oct 20, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
Host: Would like like some suasage?
Me: No thanks, I'm a vegetarian.
Host: Oh okay! Would you like some fish?
Me: ... No thanks, I'm a vegetarian.

Not an isolated event. Almost everyone who finds out I'm a vegetarian asks if I eat fish.
There is a group that goes around calling themselves vegetarians but they just don't eat red meat. They might have a person like that show up commonly.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Toy Master Typhus said:
There is a group that goes around calling themselves vegetarians but they just don't eat red meat. They might have a person like that show up commonly.
I was under the impression that they were just confusing pescetarianism with vegetarianism. Either way, people who use incorrect terminology are idiots and so are those who humour them. If I met a vegan who ate eggs I'd set them straight. I wouldn't ask every subsequent vegan I met stupid questions.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Infernai said:
"Do you Australians ride kangaroo's to school?"

Yes, another fully grown human being legitimately asked me that..i was too in awe of the stupidity to actually do anything.
I take it that weren't actually Australian though? Once when my sister and her high school class went from our country town to Perth to compete in some dance/music ... thing, kids from the city (probably 13 year olds) genuinely believed that people in rural Australian had no electricity or cars and that we rode horses or kangaroos.

As for me stupidest question is probably "Why don't/won't you play football?"

Background for why the question was stupid:
I played Australian rules football when I was little. My dad signed me up to play for his old team when I was 7 and he became the coach. I hated it and I eventually told him I wanted out after 2 years.

One guy join at the some time I did and stayed playing. Fast forward to 15 year old me running into him at high school. All he cared about was why I stopped playing 6 years ago. He just wouldn't accept that I didn't have fun as an answer. Granted asking once isn't stupid, but every time I ran into him he would again ask why, at the age of 9, I could do something so outrageous as stop playing football.

Deimateos

Apr 25, 2009
There are some really stupid ones, but I remember this as being one of the most stupid.

So there's a guy I've been acquainted with for the better part of 14 years (lives across the street from me, in the same neighborhood for 14 years. I say it again because it's important later). So one day I teach him how to drive stick and he invites me to hang with his friends for a old school LAN party. So we both grabbed all my pc bits from my house so we could port them in one trip.

When we were crossing the street, he asked me this with a straight face: "Is this gonna be weird for you, hanging out with all white people?"

So you understand the layered stupidity of the question, understand that our neighborhood is not ethnically diverse, at all. It has not been the entire time my family's lived in it. There's like an Asian family and us. I literally had to point out to him that we live in what is nearly an all-white neighborhood, so "who else was I going to hang out with?".

What made it worse, he responded "Oh, OK" with the tone of "Oh, well that makes sense!". In 14 years, knowing right where we both live, it never once crossed his mind that this might be the case. Who exactly did he think I've been hanging out with all this time??? The Secret Society of All-Black Friends?

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
Nathan Crumpler said:
Also, some one asked my brother this question.

(My brother is black btw) "So, like... is your jizz black?"
PFFFFT hahaha! That made me laugh quite a bit.

OT: When I was 12, me and my sister decided to dress me up as a boy, just for fun. So once dressed, I went to my parents to show them how I looked.

Mother: (Name Here), are you gay?
Me, Um, no?
Mother: It's okay if you're gay. You know I have two gay sisters and some cousins-
Me: Mom, I'm not gay.

I'm still not quite sure why crossdressing=gay to her.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Hmm, can't remember... but I can remember the dumbest thing *I* ever said.

Was at a restaurant with a friend and a fairly attractive waitress caught me off guard, then I asked "are there eggs in the eggs benedict?"... He never let me live it down.

CyborgGinger

Apr 1, 2011
I'm British and currently residing in Turkey. I get "So you're a Christian?" a lot, simply because I'm white and Western, they make an assumption about me.

It drives me nuts.

shadowkrai

Jan 23, 2011
Not directly to me, but I was in the room, "Uncle Michael, is Nathan a boy or a girl?"
I'd give benefit of the doubt, but the kid's like 7.
My hair isn't even that long -.-

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
"Seeing as your half-Asian and half-English, is your penis half shriveled up and half normal?"

Well, considering one time I drank too much scummy cider and Fosters, they found out the answer to that question.

Tiddles

Jan 30, 2012
"Can you speak Australian to me?" ~ Asked by, what I think was, a southern middle-aged tourist when I was visiting New York City.

Also I love the guys who ask for the time while wearing watches. If you're actually wearing a purely decorative watch we're not going to get along :)

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Reading the OP's story reminded me of the stupidest question I've been asked. My parents work for the Swedish Embassy, so I've moved around a LOT. Lived a lot in Africa.

I remember several times when I've been asked: "So, like... do you hunt lions?" or "Do you live in a hut?", "Do you ride an elephant to school?" or "Do you have giraffes in your backyard?".

-_-

Yeah, I ride my elephant to school from my mudhut and hunt lions using my giraffes.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
"Are you from England?"
NO. I am NOT fucking well from England *****. Just because I speak English properly and don't speak like you doesn't mean I'm English you fucking bogan.

(I'm Australian)

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Faladorian said:
You can't expect people to be knowledgeable in this day and age, didn't you know?

(Also, is your avatar Maka from Soul Eater? If not, it looks a hell of a lot like her)

OT: I've had plenty of the "Why don't you believe in God?" crowd... some so far as to even group up and start yelling at me, and mostly just exclaiming things like "GOD EXISTS, YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID!"

Yeah... I don't enjoy this world.
It's Emi from Katawa Shoujo.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
One o get alot and that i hate :
Is it true black men have big penises?

I am a black heterosexual male . I haven't seen any mans penis apart from my own . I can't compare!