Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

Arcade_Fire

Mar 7, 2009
What, in your humble opinion, is the best Tv show to ever be cancelled?

As you've probably already gathered from my avatar, I'd cast my vote for "Firefly". I guess this characterizes me as a bit of a Wheedon fanboy, but "Angel" would be a close second.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
Clone High. I don't know if it was cancelled so much as not renewed for a second season but the final episode totally destroyed me!

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
Firefly.

Other than that, I dunno, for not being much into quiz shows, I seriously enjoyed "The Inquisition." Nothing quite beats a sarcastic host belittling his contestants with a sexy, sexy accent.

ButtonedDownParadox

Aug 11, 2008
Arrested Development! Firefly! The Tick! And here is the wonderful David Cross telling you why all these shows (Who were coincidentally broadcast by Fox) telling you why.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFV5GprfaQ[/link]

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I haven't really cared about cancellations in years, but I also never really got over The Kids Super Power Hour with Shazam getting cancelled when I was five. Maybe that was the most tragic cancellation in my lifetime...

If you count HBO series, then I kind of wish Deadwood was still on, but it was about a temporary town, so I guess it had to be limited.

serras

Aug 3, 2008
While Firefly being cancelled was a great shame, it did spawn the awesome movie Serenity. Which serves as both a satisfying conclusion to the series and a pretty good film in its own right.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Futurama, they only cancelled it because they couldnt find a slot for it, so nobody could watch it as they didnt know if it was on or not