Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
serras said:
While Firefly being cancelled was a great shame, it did spawn the awesome movie Serenity. Which serves as both a satisfying conclusion to the series and a pretty good film in its own right.
eh...The only problem with Firefly is that it gets way over-hyped. I was in a gaming group in college, and it was full of people who would practically orgasm if you mentioned Firefly...you can imagine what happened when Serenity was released.

Having never watched the series before, I figured that maybe there's something behind the hype and decided to start the series. And I stopped after the first few episodes. Serenity was no better, except I managed to get through the whole thing, even though it was chock-full of insider references. It was...passable, and I might have liked it better if it hadn't been trumpeted as God's gift to man (God in this case being Joss Whedon).

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Arcade_Fire said:
What, in your humble opinion, is the best Tv show to ever be cancelled?

As you've probably already gathered from my avatar, I'd cast my vote for "Firefly". I guess this characterizes me as a bit of a Wheedon fanboy, but "Angel" would be a close second.
Futuramam

it was so aweosme and funny
Sigh sigh sigh sigh ...........................

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
Well, I would have to probably pick Firefly as well, but if you really want something that isn't so main-stream...I would have to go with Wonderfalls.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Mad Jack the Pirate.

That was a hilarious cartoon... "Conscience? That must be in France."

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Why must all the best shows that die start with F? It's weird.
(Farscape, Farscape, Farscape, and Farscape. Also, Futurama and Firefly)

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
GyroCaptain said:
Why must all the best shows that die start with F? It's weird.
(Farscape, Farscape, Farscape, and Farscape. Also, Futurama and Firefly)
Arrested Development doesn't start with an 'F'.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Carnivàle on HBO. Instead they replaced it with stupid fucking Rome.
Arrested Development was fantastic.
and Firefly but i think on an internet forum that goes without saying.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Life On Mars. NOT the shitty American remake. The orginal.

Actually, I don't think it was cancelled. It's got a sequel to the storyline called Ashes To Ashes. Also it did sort of end. Like, properly end. With an ending and all.