Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Firefly, Angel and Invader Zim. Though he did bring Zims cancellation on himself.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
minoes said:
Ciran said:
Well, I would have to probably pick Firefly as well, but if you really want something that isn't so main-stream...I would have to go with Wonderfalls.
Yup, Wonderfalls and Keen Eddie.
Was thinking I might be first to mention Wonderfalls (I always get blank expressions when I mention it in the real world), or maybe the second. But no, third is fine.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Gildedtongue said:
Firefly.

Other than that, I dunno, for not being much into quiz shows, I seriously enjoyed "The Inquisition." Nothing quite beats a sarcastic host belittling his contestants with a sexy, sexy accent.
Agreed with Firefly. /thread.

The Rusk

May 25, 2008
I'm surprised anyone's yet to mention The Prisoner, though I guess it's a little too old for most to have seen it.

Other than that I'd probably go with Futurama.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
Jericho, both times it got canceled. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

then, Firefly (I didn't even want to mention it, this is getting really over stated), Dead Like Me (don't watch the movie), Pushing Daisies, and Wonderfalls.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
ace_of_something said:
Carnivàle on HBO. Instead they replaced it with stupid fucking Rome.
Arrested Development was fantastic.
and Firefly but i think on an internet forum that goes without saying.
Shit! I forgot about Carnivale! That show was great, and the way it ended really pissed me off.
I did like Rome though. The first season is just OK, at best, but it sets up the second season which was great.
Yeah, no kidding, the thread should be named, "Most Tragic Television Cancellation? (Besides Firefly)"

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Not so much cancelled as they just stopped doing it, but Coupling! I could identify with that show and it's characters so much and Jeff was hilarity personified. God damn you Steven Moffat for going to do Doctor Who instead!

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Samurai Jack, Angel, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Invader Zim, Clerks, Megas XLR, Arrested Development, Spawn.........

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
serras said:
While Firefly being cancelled was a great shame, it did spawn the awesome movie Serenity. Which serves as both a satisfying conclusion to the series and a pretty good film in its own right.
Serenity wouldn't have been necessary if not for the cancellation. I'd rather have my awesome steadily delivered over several years than confined into 2 hours of greatness.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Singing to the choir, Futurama, Firefly, and Arrested Development.

If there wasn't ever enough proof Fox wouldn't know a good thing if it punched them in their fat collective mouth.
Greg the Bunny.
Hell yes. Another great show Fox canned. FYI go buy the DVD and support it!