Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Invader Zim, Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, and Futurama.

Four shows ended before they had a true chance.

jaateloauto

Jan 23, 2008
ace_of_something said:
Carnivàle on HBO. Instead they replaced it with stupid fucking Rome.
I think Rome is one of the best series ever. I would have wanted more of that.

My pick is The Job. It's one of the best series ever, cancelled after only one season. But, it seems like ABC has a thing for killing great shows, they've just killed Dirty Sexy Money which was another favorite of mine.

RichardEdwards

Feb 14, 2009
The Rusk said:
I'm surprised anyone's yet to mention The Prisoner, though I guess it's a little too old for most to have seen it.

Other than that I'd probably go with Futurama.
YES

Until then I was just thinking Firefly and Futurama, but The Prisoner!

I need a better ending than Dem Bones! Although something tells me Patrick isn't going to be writing any more of those, is he now?

Highlandheadbanger

Jan 8, 2009
sqwalnoc said:
Invader Zim!! I loved that program
I died a little inside when they cancelled this. Too bad about Frisky Dingo, the Xtacles, Big O, and alot of other good shit, but Invader Zim was the best.

ellie91

Mar 7, 2008
Kurenai_X said:
Invader Zim - Firefly - Futurama - Arrested Development & The War AT Home.
wait a minute the war at home was cancelled no! i loved that show. Futurama obvs as well the movies just made me want more of it. i don't really know of that many shows that have been cancelled so there could be more that i would be upset about if i knew of their cancellation

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Maybe there's something to be said though about good series bowing out before they get terrible and start jumping sharks. If I understand this right, in England, it's not unusual for a show to treat a season more like mini-series. Second seasons are viewed more as sequels. The greatest example would be Spaced (If you haven't watched the series, do.) Any Brits out there please correct me if I've garbled this.

Noamuth

May 16, 2008
ace_of_something said:
Carnivàle on HBO. Instead they replaced it with stupid fucking Rome.
This. I was so damn pissed off when I found out that there was going to be no third season of Carnivàle.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Power Rangers. RPM is the final series.

Ah well, at least the original Japanese series is still going strong.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
Global Frequency. They never even released the trailer after filming it. It was leaked early and received a positive response. So they canceled it. I must be missing something.