Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

The Dark Fiddler

Mar 11, 2009
It is, for me, a tie between Pinky and the Brain (Awesome) and Kid Nation (Controvertial, but I liked it)

Wait, was Kid Nation cancelled or just not renewed?

cheesecake123

Nov 1, 2008
dick and dom in da bungalow
it was the only thing that got me up at 9am on the weekends.

time commanders
a show in which a group of people played rome total war
i watched the repeats on the discovery channel which showed at around 9am
i remmember getting up one morning to watch it and then have tho find out they replaced it with animal hospital dammit.

(im to tired to check grammar so leave me alone)

ninesky

Mar 11, 2009
Firefly

but also Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, which was cancelled because Americans wanted to watch cop shows with flashy lights instead.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Traveler. The season ended on a cliffhanger and nothing was ever resolved because of the cancellation.

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Definitely Invader Zim.

It got canceled because of stupid overprotective parents that when they come in and see something that looks like it's covered in blood immediately have their entire state flood the producers with rage.

The "Bloody Gir Incident" was nothing but a gigantic misunderstanding, but no. Parents are ignorant and stubborn and refuse to hear people out when they say "just watch the whole scene, it's only ketchup."

Hell kids that actually watched the whole scene would have seen it as ketchup and not blood because unless the kids are like the rest of the 80% of the American and European minor population that are under 10 and have already seen at least 50 R rated movies and swear more than a drunk scot, they wouldn't even have it come to mind until they were 30 that it was blood.

For those who don't know, Invader Zim was an incredibly brilliant cartoon that was canceled because in one scene, all hell was breaking loose and Gir (the best character in the series) was holding a bottle of ketchup which then exploded, moving to a view of dark evilness as we see Gir covered in slow moving red liquid with a soulless look on his face.

God damn.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Deadwood needed another couple of seasons to fully run its course imo.

And of course, the obligatory Firefly mention.