Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
The canelling of Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner is a Monkey by the Leprous retards at turner broadcasting.
They cancelled camp lazlo? Aww, it was improving, but oh well.

Megas XLR hands down. A show that was ahead of its time.

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
sqwalnoc said:
Invader Zim!! I loved that program
Zim was the reason I watched Nickelodeon... and I wanna kick the shit out of whoever decided to cancel Futurama.

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
I have to say Angel. It sucked ass that they got news of the show being cancelled when they only had about 5-6 episodes left to film in season 5 and they had to cobble together an ending in that short span of episodes. I would have loved to see them carry on the Illyria and the Wolfram & Hart storylines into a real season 6 and not the bullshit comic book that they finally made. Not to mention the fact that they brought in my BFF Spike at the beginning of Season 5, and I would watch a show about Spike if it were just him sitting at a computer ordering shit off amazon.com (such is his awesomeness).

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Another show just came back to me. Does anyone remember a show that was on Fox in the mid 90's called Space: Above and Beyond. It was a total "Starship Troopers rip-off but was awesome nonetheless. That show was like nerd crack for my young impressionable mind.

Odude

Jan 28, 2009
Gonna have to cast my vote for Firefly. Still one of the best shows to watch while drunk off my ass (i have no memory drunk, so there's new episodes every week!).

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Arcade_Fire said:
What, in your humble opinion, is the best Tv show to ever be cancelled?

As you've probably already gathered from my avatar, I'd cast my vote for "Firefly". I guess this characterizes me as a bit of a Wheedon fanboy, but "Angel" would be a close second.
fire fly or
sqwalnoc said:
Invader Zim!! I loved that program
easily, i met one of the producers for "IZ" and Jhonen lives like 10 minutes away from me >.>

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Lots Of People: said:
As much as I loved this show, I think it had to go before it became another Simpsons. A main cast of bland characters surrounded by a supporting cast of so many characters that they too lack personality.
I think the Futurama films will wrap it up quite nicely, myself.

Aramax

Sep 27, 2007
Carnivàle because the motives for not spending more money on the series are pure BS. The timing was perfect, the cast was ideal, the story was more elaborate then everything else and Daniel Knauf would have become someone and we could have actually expected more from him... but HBO didn't wanted to risk wasting too much money. They had other project like "Angels in america" "Deadwood" or "The Comeback" they felt were more important and deserved some well earned investment money... what were they thinking?

It's like HBO wants people to hate them with a passion. After Carnivàle was canceled I canceled my HBO subscription. Just couldn't tolerate their lack of profesionalism anymore.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Not really a TV show as more station but I would have to say TechTV. When G4 bought them my world is ruined. They tried to appeal it to a more manly audience which was idiotic. X-Play has been ruined.

Reokue

Dec 19, 2008
scoHish said:
and I wanna kick the shit out of whoever decided to cancel Futurama.
Hold the anger guys. Because the movies sold so well there is talk of bringing Futurama back for a sixth season. No deals have officially been made, but there is serious talk about it.

Oh and Futurama.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
RetiarySword said:
The red dwarf film. Wait a minuite... ITS COMING OUT IN APRIL!? HELL YEA!
Fuck yes!

have you seen the picture, Chris barrie looks wayyyy to old now lol

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2009/02/20/back-to-earth-the-trilogy/back-to-earth-the-trilogy.jpg

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
Turn-On, of course. I mean that was just pathetic.
Not tragic in the sense that it was a good show that we've lost, but rather tragic in the area of human achievement.

More in reference to the OP, I'll go with Shazam! and The Krofft Supershow.

EDIT: Also, "Drive". Why does FOX hate Nathan Fillion?
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Early Edition
Sport's Night
Stacked (Shut up, it was funny)