Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'll throw votes in for Futurama and Farscape, tho at least Farscape got 'finished'.

Also Coupling, sure they lost Jeff in Series 3, but I think Oliver was a decent replacement, if not AS good.

If you haven't seen Coupling, it's sort of like a British version of 'Friends' except Coupling is a comedy, and they've replaced all the smug with smutty jokes, which means there's a LOT of them.

Lastly not a 'best ever' but deserved to go on longer, 'That's my Bush!' A sitcom based on parodying old style US sitcoms like Home Improvement, but this time the idiot dad is George W Bush, and he's living in the Whitehouse instead of the suburbs. Was written by the South Park guys, and surprisingly, was far more about parodying traditional sitcoms than just making easy Bush jokes. Well worth seeing if you can find some.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
My Hero. They should have kept the original Thermoman.

Also, slightly on topic, Korgoth of Barbaria. Best cartoon pilot I've ever seen, and it never got brought on for a series.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
serras said:
While Firefly being cancelled was a great shame, it did spawn the awesome movie Serenity. Which serves as both a satisfying conclusion to the series and a pretty good film in its own right.
There is not much to add to that.

Except that it is a shame that Whedon couldn't get real crazy with his universe. Just listening to his audio commentaries on various episodes where he hints at things in the background/barely mentioned stuff and what he wanted to do with it in episodes that never happened....

Mr_spamamam

Mar 4, 2009
i dont know if its been cancelled on tv but adult swim never gets shown in england anymore. i loved that show dammit

linchowlewy

Nov 27, 2008
Fawlty towers, or Father Ted.

Other than those two british comedy classics i would say futurama. Although i'm not that sad now that they are making new movies of it every few weeks.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
Invader Zim for me.

Curse you, Nickelodeon! CURSE YOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!
What's with the love for Invader Zim, I hear it all the time, I never understood it.

Anyway, the moment they stopped broadcasting Battlestar Galactica over here in Holland, I reacted like this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s]. Yay for torrents though, but I rather watch it on tv.

P1p3s

Jan 16, 2009
Firefly.

After I ordered the box set and had worked through it, when I put the last DVD in (of 4!!) i genuinely felt sad, I didn't want to play the last episode, and I had a great sense of loss as though someone had just broken up with me and I hadn't seen it coming. All because I knew that was it, there would be no more.

If TV can get that kind of deep reaction from someone it was doing something right, it's a travesty that it was cancelled.

*shakes fist at corporate fat cats*

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Assassinator said:
Lord Krunk said:
Invader Zim for me.

Curse you, Nickelodeon! CURSE YOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!
What's with the love for Invader Zim, I hear it all the time, I never understood it.
One, it's a surreal cult classic, with so much awesome it hurts. Seriously, who would have thought of throwing moons at people?

Two, its cancellation is about the time when Nick died. It has some good shows occasionally, but otherwise it sucks.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
in Australia on cartoon network the entire amine action block was canceled on our channel along with anything adult swim it pissed me off immensely I`m never gonna let this one go cartoon network.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Purely personal, but the sonic-Saturday AM series. Was when sonic had a good plot >__>

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
Ollie596 said:
RetiarySword said:
The red dwarf film. Wait a minuite... ITS COMING OUT IN APRIL!? HELL YEA!
Fuck yes!

have you seen the picture, Chris barrie looks wayyyy to old now lol

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2009/02/20/back-to-earth-the-trilogy/back-to-earth-the-trilogy.jpg
Wow, hes got grey hair! Still going to be amazing though!

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Firefly and Samurai Jack. I'm not sure whether Johnny Bravo was canceled or not, but if it was, then I vote that as well. Misogyny is hilarious, and that show was brilliant.

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
RYjet911 said:
My Hero. They should have kept the original Thermoman.
I agree, that comedy wasn't bad. Its a shame to see Ardal O'Hanlon reduced to a bit part in Skins after his previous roles. Same with Bill Bailey, I'd like to see the both of them get back to sitcoms.