Most Tragic Television Cancellation?

lucky_bob45

Sep 4, 2008
it's impossible to pick one so for my list, starting with the most commonly stated ones.
firefly and futurama.
Black Books
The Oblongs, I'm an Australian who only has free to air so i only got to see about 2/3's of the premiere before it got pulled from the airwaves.
freakazoid!
Dead Like Me - i loved this show, so offbeat and weird.
& Witchblade
that being said can the WB PLEASE end Smallville now. i loved the show but enough is enough.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
American Gothic: Hells yeah Caleb and Buck could have gone on to do so much much more evil together. Gothics setting, slow smouldering tempo and helped make the programme very gripping. With just the right amount or 'eerie' to make it a very tense watch. All this and Gary Cole playing the excellent Lucus Buck. (Thats Buck with a B)

On a British note 'This Life' was a very well crafted drama staring young 20-30 something lawyers. Deeply gritty and envolving but alas had it legs chopped of (not literally) after the second series. Would be good if there are any folks who remeber this series????

Finally Carnivalle. Again a well scripted beautiful looking drama. I loved the first series especially the episode where they did the fireshow in the town with the dead minors.
I couldn't see why more people just didn't 'get it' but good programmes with poor ratings can canned. Just the way it is.

EDIT: Roll on new Red Dwarf!!!

Overlord_Dave

Mar 2, 2009
Another vote for Futurama. I still love that show, even though I've seen every episode a gazillion times. Even the one's that weren't that funny were good in other ways, like plot and characterization. It's a pity the movies aren't that great.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Arcade_Fire said:
What, in your humble opinion, is the best Tv show to ever be cancelled?

As you've probably already gathered from my avatar, I'd cast my vote for "Firefly". I guess this characterizes me as a bit of a Wheedon fanboy, but "Angel" would be a close second.
I have to agree with Firefly, I only got into it when a friend lent me the DVD boxset but I was hooked instantly. Plus, awesome avatar :D

"How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?" xD

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Family Guy
But they brought it back.
So recently, I'd have to say Dead Like Me; that story was starting to get pretty sick.