Most Underrated Game of All Time?

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Natural Selection and Soldier of Fortune 2 had a really good local online community where I was.

Was good seeing familiar faces online each night.. something that never happens these days.

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Tie Fighter (i've said this quite a few times in other posts), it makes me sad not many people have heard about it.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
harhol said:
Red Faction
ditto. Haven't heard that one in a while, pretty good game too. I loved the destructability of everything XD, it was like Worms armageddon FPS style.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
needausername said:
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2.
Croc
you sir, are awesome! I love the Dark Alliance games
Also, Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2. I have so many hours on that game it is not even funny!
Castlevania Curse of Darkness. I managed to log 74 some hours on that game in just a few months.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus, followed closely by psychonauts.

No matter how much i hoot hollar and scream, so few people bother to rent sotc, no, just gta AGAIN.

wait, disregard that, SNAKE RATTLE AND ROLL!

Maciech42

Apr 28, 2008
Ratchet and Clank. Not much is said about the series, but its a solid, very funny game.

Also I thought The Force Unleashed was pretty underrated, but then again I think Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars movie so I tend to go perpendicular with popular opinion.

Peach_hat

Jan 7, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Inb4 Okami/Shadow of Collusus/Psychonauts.

I guess you already beat me with the Psychonauts one though. Seriously though, Search button man. I usually defend people who make repeat topics but this one is done to death >_<

Oh by the way...Bubsy gets my vote, not the abomination that is the PS1 game, but the SNES days.
Okami got like 40 "game of the year" wins in 05 and Shadow got #16 on IGN's greatest games of all time.
I do agree with Psychonauts though. It's just old and PC, something gamers don't understand.
Even better though was Sid Meier's Pirates. Rocked the shit.

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Mechwarrior 3 was kind of fun (don't know if it was underrated). There was nothing like walking around using a giant mech, shooting at tanks and other giant mechs. Or overheating your own mech and going off as a NUKE!

Anyways.. underrated games, hmm, games that I've made? Oh wait, those are rated under average. LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth (it is underrated if there are few fans).

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
It's gotta be Vib Ribbon it's as big as your CD collection and it's a lucky dip as to the difficulty of each song (level). I would shake the hand of anyone who can make it through Rapper's Delight by the Sugar Hill Gang. Crazy, rolling loops be damned.

Really, this game is brilliant. Check out some videos.

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
Heas said:
Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines
With all the unofficial patches added, a remarkable and unique game.
dexnlondon said:
Indigo Prophecy
Or Fahrenheit in this country. Again, a beautiful story and unique gameplay.
falcontwin said:
Grim Fandango, One of the best avdenture games ever with a great story full of memorable charecters.
It nearly makes me cry how this didn't sell very well and helped in the downfall of LucasArts' adventure game section. I still want a Full Throttle sequel, or at least a remake!

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
harhol said:
Psychonauts is not "underrated" since everyone always goes on about how good it is. ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
Roflmao.

I would say Sonic Adventures for the Sega Dreamcast. Everyone says that all of the Sonic games past S:2 sucked, but man did I love that game.