Most unfriendly online community

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
HSIAMetalKing said:
Runescape.

I played the game in middle school and watched as my friends slowly devolved into horrible RS trolls. That game turns children into jerks.
Ah, Runescape how could I forget the poor sad wretched child who apparently was so friendless and pathetic that his hobby was following people around going "noob, noob, noob" and it corrupted me and my friends too, its a cautionary tale in what happens when a community consists of nothing but 9-year-old boys.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
orangebandguy said:
Left 4 Dead, I detest that community.

I've long since given up trying to play it online, instead it's used for split screen when I get friends round on the XBOX.
I never play l4d online when not in a team of 4 friends becasue everyone badmouths and team kills. Do you get the same problem?
Yeah, bad mouthing and trash-talking. Also the elitism.

And usually if I make one mistake I get votekicked off for being a "noob ******." So I went straight back to TF2 and stayed there. The Escapist has a L4D group which are mostly TF2 players so you get good games with those guys.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
orangebandguy said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
orangebandguy said:
Left 4 Dead, I detest that community.

I've long since given up trying to play it online, instead it's used for split screen when I get friends round on the XBOX.
I never play l4d online when not in a team of 4 friends becasue everyone badmouths and team kills. Do you get the same problem?
Yeah, bad mouthing and trash-talking. Also the elitism.

And usually if I make one mistake I get votekicked off for being a "noob ******." So I went straight back to TF2 and stayed there. The Escapist has a L4D group which are mostly TF2 players so you get good games with those guys.
Good to hear. But yeah, its good games like l4d that get ruined by the commuinity.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
the Vidya board on 4chan.

they don't play video games, they just hate them.

seriously, start a valid thread and the most you would get out of it would be "reported for trolling" and "sagesagesagesage".

just...awful.

Knight of Cydonia

Sep 22, 2008
I have just been on YouTube and right now it it impossible for me to say anything other than YouTube for the fact that the commenter's don't even watch the videos.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
To be honest 4chan isn't all that bad anymore, sure theres a ridiculous amount of plain stupid threads, but generally people aren't trying to be insulting, and do it with some irony. Its not a particularly good place, don't get me wrong, but it isn't a terrible place either, at least not anymore.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
HSIAMetalKing said:
Runescape.

I played the game in middle school and watched as my friends slowly devolved into horrible RS trolls. That game turns children into jerks.
Pretty much this, 4Chan and MW2, Street Fighter IV as well, depending on who you ask.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
4chan /b/
normal advice generally is something illegal or killing yourself
and heaven help you if you piss them off

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Gaming community in general, Left 4 dead comes to mind first.

With one exception, Rainbow Six Vegas (ans vegas 2)
I have it on 360 and almost every game there are people working together.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
EVE Online's forums.

The community of the game itself is fine, brilliant even, but if you're not constantly hurling abuse at and swearing about CCP on the forums (and god forbid you actually make a logical argument in the developers' favour), 90% of the occupants will get really nasty with you. And let's not get started on the jerks that go into question-topics looking only to make the asker look like an idiot, instead of helping..

I think the sane ones that know CCP are generally doing their level best, and/or want to just chat about the game, have long since sodded off to other fora. While the vast majority of the EVE community are great people spread across goodness knows how many places and readily engaging in the game itself, the official forums are regarded more as a quarantine zone where all the racist, vicious-minded, economically-moronic trolls are kept out of everyone else's hair.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Gears of War in my experience, if you used anything other than a shotgun you were a noob. I do apologize but I have this thing where I love to carve people up with chainsaws or tag them with grenades.

On one occasion I got a severe "talking to" between rounds because my friend and I set up a little trap where the enemy chased my friend past my position where I happened to be waiting with the chainsaw revved up. Sounds to me like a strategy or tactic, no, I was a chainsaw noob who needed to learn to play properly...eh?

All the people saying L4D I don't understand. Granted I didn't play L4D2 much but many an hour was spent on No Mercy or Blood Harvest and I very rarely encounted anyone who was a dick. Infact some of the most enjoyable gaming sessions I've had were late at night on L4D with a group of randoms.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
MW2

of what Ive experienced everyone is either a hacker, a glitcher, a camper, a useless ass, a noob or a guy (like me) who just wants to have fun (the few of us that there are and can never seem to find eachother)

Trebort

Duke of Cheesecake
Feb 25, 2010
It's the Star Trek Online forum

We all hate each other, the Cryptic staff are having to delete posts/threads left right and centre to stop people saying how bad the game is and the Trek fans are at war with those who want a better Trek game, considering all the potential it has and the Cryptic Fans who claim Star Trek Online is the dogs bollocks.

It's a horrible place to be. It used to be really nice before the game launched.