Most Useless Power in a game?

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I dunno, Electric shock was good against big daddies and for opening doors and shorting turrets. Certainly not the most useless plasmid, there were several more of those, like the ones that shorten alarm times or delay the security bots detection.

KedynCrow

Sep 23, 2009
Solar powered in Fallout 3...but only when compared to the unmitigated awesome that is Grim Reaper's Sprint. Why anyone would take anything else is absolutely beyond me.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
In Warcraft 3 you could kill a unit to restore some mana on the lich.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
I'd always kind of felt ripped off by any spiderman game that allowed you to shoot web balls at people as a power. Really.... that's like shooting spitballs at someone.

Shooting web into the eye makes sense, but trying to turn spidey's webbing into a projectile weapon is just wrong.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
KedynCrow said:
Solar powered in Fallout 3...but only when compared to the unmitigated awesome that is Grim Reaper's Sprint. Why anyone would take anything else is absolutely beyond me.
I rather liked Solar Powered, but yeah, they put it up against a pretty rocking skill.

Jul 11, 2008
TPiddy said:
I dunno, Electric shock was good against big daddies and for opening doors and shorting turrets. Certainly not the most useless plasmid, there were several more of those, like the ones that shorten alarm times or delay the security bots detection.
from what i remember the electric attacks used WAAAAAY less eve

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Kron_the_mad said:
TPiddy said:
Oh yeah, they were definitely good. I think we should be more specific and say, powers that are always useless, rather than powers that become useless once you get a different one.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
Logic 0 said:
Status effect magic in final fantasy games most enemies are eiether immune or restiant to them.
This, its more effective to just kill them.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
Kron_the_mad said:
TPiddy said:
Not to mention it's usefulness when coupled with water.

- J

Charlie_Brown

Jan 16, 2009
Goenitz said:
Logic 0 said:
Status effect magic in final fantasy games most enemies are eiether immune or restiant to them.
This, its more effective to just kill them.
This always bothers me. Status magic is a FF staple, but I've never known anyone to really use it frequently.
I guess it's useful if you're trying to complete the game without levelling, or exploiting a particular weakness, but sleep of confuse always seems a bit pointless, why waste an attack?

Poison is useful though.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Trotgar said:
Bloody Mess (at least from Fallout 2) is kinda useless, but sure is fun.
Well, it still offered 5% damage with all weapons.... so not completely cosmetic :)... but yeah... tons of fun.... Rock-It Launcher + Teddy Bears + Bloody Mess :).

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
I used next to no offensive spells in Kingdom Hearts 2. Whacking things with the Key Blade was all I needed. MAYBE a projectile attack when I was bored, but they did little damage.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
I used next to no offensive spells in Kingdom Hearts 2. Whacking things with the Key Blade was all I needed. MAYBE a projectile attack when I was bored, but they did little damage.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
TPiddy said:
Fallout 3 had some pretty useless perks.... like Rad Regeneration.... sure you don't have to waste stimpaks to heal your limbs, but the perk was useless because the radiation level required to heal your limbs gave you horrible stat withdrawals.

They also have one that removes the withdrawal effect from alcohol, and Child at Heart was pretty useless too.
Child At Heart I will debate, it was usefull to make life easier (And for some neat shit) In a good handful of quests.

The junkie perk was more useless. You go from a 50% Chance to getting addicted, to a 25% chance (Which actually filters down to about 1 out of 3 chems will addict you) and even with 100+ medical skill and 9 int and per you couldn't get yourself clean... It was easier just to get addicted, keep pumping yourself to keep your stats up, then return home and clean yourself instantly with your "My First Medical Kit" and use that Perk for "PUPPIES!" instead

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
Child At Heart I will debate, it was usefull to make life easier (And for some neat shit) In a good handful of quests.

The junkie perk was more useless. You go from a 50% Chance to getting addicted, to a 25% chance (Which actually filters down to about 1 out of 3 chems will addict you) and even with 100+ medical skill and 9 int and per you couldn't get yourself clean... It was easier just to get addicted, keep pumping yourself to keep your stats up, then return home and clean yourself instantly with your "My First Medical Kit" and use that Perk for "PUPPIES!" instead
Yeah I never had much of a problem with the addictions, I didn't use a lot of the drugs in the game, so I found most of the junkie or chem resistant perks a little useless.