Movember at The Escapist: Week Two

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Movember at The Escapist: Week Two

The news team fights prostate cancer with mustaches, superpowers, and silly hats.

Ladies and gents, I'm going to have to ask you to do me a favor. These dangerously sexy photos of the Escapist news crew inspired at least one focus group to tear off all articles of clothing in a fit of uncontrollable, animalistic lust. Please, whatever you do, resist that urge! We understand that these up-and-coming lip-ticklers just scream virile masculinity, but we're not just here to look good. We're fighting cancer, too.

For those of you who just joined us, it's the second week of Movember, that magical time of the year between Halloween and Christmas, where men and women come together from all over the Internet to fight prostate cancer. Since this devastating disease only affects men, the powers-that-be have decided that the best way to fight back is by looking as manly as possible. As you can see, even our lovely news-ladies are sporting some surprisingly robust 'staches.

[gallery=542]

Even though our facial hair hasn't reached full bloom yet, we still have other ways of kicking cancer right in the gonads. In addition to a variety of stylish hats, we at the Escapist recently discovered a bevy of hitherto-unknown superpowers. For example, no one can find heart-meltingly cute animal photos like team captain Logan "Walrus" Westbrook. Andy "The Animal" Chalk can consume fifty consecutive bags of Cheetos without so much as a belch. "Mighty" Mike Thompson can tie a bowtie blindfolded, while Mike "Chaotic" Kayatta can tolerate fifty devastating Scoville units of heat on his tongue. Heather "Gaucho" McLellan has personally lassoed every wild steer left in Scotland.

Back on the home front, "Sizzlin'" Susan Arendt has mastered the intricate art of dognetism, which draws puppies to her at an alarming rate. Her loyal intern Paul "The Goods" Goodman, meanwhile, has been known to mutilate boxes of Cheez-Its without leaving a sole survivor. As for me, well, I just Winston the Penguin [http://my.friend.vu/vu/5635_0583] has dropped by for the festivities. What's his superpower, you ask? He's a penguin. What more do you want?

If you've somehow managed to avoid swooning, you should check out our team's Movember page [http://uk.movember.com/mospace/2187326]. A kind word, an encouraging Tweet, or a small donation will make a huge difference, and since cancer is one of the deadliest foes out there, we'll need all the help we can get. Enjoy these baby bro-staches while they last, ladies, because they're only going to get more irresistible from here.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Ahah! Good for you guys. I'm doing Movember as well, trying to get donations. Failing, sadly, but at least awareness raising is good, right?

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
11 days into Movember. Nothing significant on my chin and lip. Only glorious (but kinda uneven) sideburns. Hoping to get some nice friendly muttonchops by the end of the month.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Lol I'm already thinking about shaving, the left side of my face grows a nice dark thick beard... my right... well lets just say that looks like yall's beards.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
I was unaware that this was a thing. Shaved a couple of days ago, and I doubt I will be having anything of significance anytime soon. Ah well.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Bravo! The ladies of the Escapist News Team have far more creative and robust mustaches than the gentry of the Team. Bravo!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Fake fem-tache plus floppy hat: the winningest combination since, er, something else that was kinda cool.

I did it last year and only raised a measly £5, much to my great disappointment. This year I'm honouring the spirit of the thing (that is, I'm not shaving) without attempting to raise sponsors, but I'll throw in a personal donation to Everyman at the end of the month which is guaranteed to be more than I'd get in sponsorship.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I think my moustache is longer, but definitely not as manly as those.

Ah well, I'll have to judge come Movember 30th

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Come on guys, you're being out 'stached by chicks and a penguin.

Step up your game! Bust out the cardboard cutouts!