Movie based games that are good

sicDaniel

Mar 30, 2008
I loved Indiana Jones and the last crusade. The Adventure from 1989. Also, if that counts, the Alien versus Predator series.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
LOTR games were good as movie tie ins though prety average games.

Goldeneye is & always will be awsome, though probably more for nostalgia reasons then it actually being a great game

The Punisher is a good game I thought though its not really based on the movie at all

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
As long as the game didn't come out as the same time of the movie just because when a franchise is released you have to put it on every form of media possible, then there are chances it's going to be good.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Shadows of the Empire stands out to me along with Goldeneye. I'd say the beautiful SNES version of Jurassic Park save for the fact that there was NO save/continue feature whatsoever and a nonexistent ending. It takes the bronze.

imYemeth

Apr 30, 2008
2 really great ones:
Blade Runner
Both Indiana Jones Lucasarts Adventures

And 2 okayish:
The Thing
Riddick

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Jedi Knight 2, Knights Of The Old Republic, X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter... Wait, does Star Wars even count?

Feb 13, 2008
Red 5 standing by! Sit down version was brilliant.

Aliens/The Simpsons(?)/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Streetfighter (THE ANIMATED VERSION)/Bruce Lee/The Goonies/Die Hard

What's worse, though: Moveis based on games, or games based on movies
Movies based on games...I can think of perhaps 2 that have worked. And I'm including Doom as one of them.

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Not sure if anyone likes but hell... Scarface: The World is yours...okay its more a what if game rather than the actual movie but it still appealed to me....
Goldeneye was one of my first ever videogames, shooting blocky soldeirs/guards in the ass sweet, sweet bliss.
The Godfather was good, preferred it to the film, but a bit to lenghty and repititive.....

Irrok the Wide

Feb 12, 2008
Scarface: The World is Yours is really great competition for the GTA throne. It did so many things better. I loved it! It was a cool what if game, definitely.

Predator: Concrete Jungle is also great. You can use camoflage, heatvision, and voice mimic, plus much much more. It lets you skin people and dangle them from bilboards etc.. You can rip out peoples spinal columns, climb up walls, use cool weapons, change outfits, traverse large cities. Loved it.

Right now I'm playing Hulk: Ultimate Destruction after hearing about it on these forums. It's so much fun!

Apr 28, 2008
The Spider man games made after the movies were actually pretty good.

and if we count star wars than the Battlefront series was really good.

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
Irrok the Wide said:
Scarface: The World is Yours is really great competition for the GTA throne. It did so many things better.
Of course it is, its Vice City with a story.

The Franco

Mar 25, 2008
They're not really based on movies, but movie IP's so they technically count:
I liked the SpiderMan game, Indiana Jones game, and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for the N64. And don't forget the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beat 'em ups. They might have been mediocre games in hindsight, but hell, I loved me some SotE back when I was a kid.

SaneIntolerant

Jan 21, 2008
I have to agree with the verdict of Iron Man not being all that bad. I played the demo and found it a little difficult to control at first, but inverted the Y-axis for flying and turned down the sensitivity and started really having fun with it. I'll probably buy the full game if I get the chance.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
What's worse, though: Moveis based on games, or games based on movies
Movies based on games...I can think of perhaps 2 that have worked. And I'm including Doom as one of them.
I'm curious as to what the second one is then, because I too can think of 2 really good video game based movies, neither of which are Doom (although I did love the FPS sequence to DEATH). I am, of course, referring to Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat.

defcon 1

Jan 3, 2008
Star Wars everything (never gets old)
LOTR: Fellowship of The Ring
LOTR: Two Towers
LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth