Movie based games that are good

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
The Two Towers and Return of the King were pretty solid beat-em-ups. Spider Man 2 is a great rental, but it gets samey really fast.

While it's not strictly based on a movie, 007: Everything or Nothing was pretty cool. I thought it looked good, had decent controls, and had some very fun stuff in it (i.e. the cliff dive scene, 'Bond moments'). While there have been a lot of stellar Bond games, I feel this one kind of gets lost in the shuffle.

PureZephyr

Mar 27, 2008
weirdaljedifan2 said:
Transformers. That is probably one of the only Wii games that have a GTA feel of it.
i played that game on my ps2 and i think id rather toss up 24 hours straight than go through that again

PureZephyr

Mar 27, 2008
Eyclonus said:
Irrok the Wide said:
Scarface: The World is Yours is really great competition for the GTA throne. It did so many things better.
Of course it is, its Vice City with a story.
wow nice bash on vice city dillweed i liked that game (personally i liked it more than half of san andreas)

Mar 26, 2008
Irrok the Wide said:
Predator: Concrete Jungle is also great. You can use camoflage, heatvision, and voice mimic, plus much much more. It lets you skin people and dangle them from bilboards etc.. You can rip out peoples spinal columns, climb up walls, use cool weapons, change outfits, traverse large cities. Loved it.
While it was great that it had those features, the thing that REALLY let it down in my opinion was the half-baked stealth element and clumsy controls. As the Predator, you're not going to want to take on a large group of enemies head on (especially when you handle like a minivan with four flat tyres); you want to pick them off one by one with your lithe skills. However I found too often the game would force you into a firefight with multiple enemies, or in later levels, put you in a wide open space with no spots of cover, rendering your stealth abilities absolutely useless.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Darkrai said:
In the history of video games, only 2 movie-based games where great.
Second place-The Warriors-Not only it went back to explain why the Warriors had so many enemies, but the beat-em-up style gameplay with many perks made it different from the rest,
First place-Goldeneye 007-Need I say more?
Hitting someone in the face with a brick never, ever, got old. Loved that game, I was living in NYC when I was playing it and went out to Coney just to see the Wonder Wheel.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOU DIIIIIIG IT????

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Blasphemous! No movie games are good.

... **Clears throat** Ok, maybe I was a bit overzealous. I mean, Spiderman 2, while not great, was some fun... Other than that, yeh, they can all burn.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Pretty much just The Chronicles of Riddick. Though I guess Spiderman 2 wasn't so bad.

Edit:

Oh yeah, and The Warriors is pretty good, the hand to hand combat is really nice and brutal.

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
goldeneye: rogue agent is great, even when you fight those guys with the OMEN guns that kill you in one hit LoL

Jessiah

Mar 25, 2008
Ummm....you've all neglected an Epic movie that was followed by an even Epic...er...game.

Independence Day.

"Welcome to Earth."

Shatners Bassoon

Feb 28, 2008
L4Y Duke said:
The King Kong game wasn't THAT bad, was it?
If throwing infinite amounts of spears and bits of bone at things is your bag.

Goldeneye hands down, so many wonderful memories, my friends come over and we still play the bugger. Pistols, Licence to kill, hmmm. Star Wars has had many wonderful incarnations and many terrible ones. Does AvP count? How can anyone forget Lion King and Aladdin? Darn they were good platformers, back when Disney cranked out good games. Discs of Tron and Tron for that matter. Jurassic Park on the snes was so freaking great, many a day wasted. Same goes for Batman Returns on the snes, enjoyable little beat em up and as a kid I found it bleeding hard. I must also agree on Chronicles of Riddick, it actually had a story! In fact I'm going to go play it now. Bye.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
hulk ultimate destruction was great! imagine gta only you are big green and angry. its so much fun, you can literally punch missiles back to their senders. how rediculously awesome is that? great game though, also had a lot of fun taking a bus, flattening it and surfing around the streets on top of it. that game is just way cool. and the abilities are just too much fun.

Feb 13, 2008
SaneIntolerant said:
I'm curious as to what the second one is then, because I too can think of 2 really good video game based movies, neither of which are Doom (although I did love the FPS sequence to DEATH). I am, of course, referring to Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat.
I'll give you a clue; it wasn't Mortal Kombat, much as I enjoy that franchise, the movie was a Channel 5 affair. I've seen better on late night Bravo.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
The only top quality games I can think of are The Chronicles of Riddick and Lego StarWars. The first was really good, the second was fun and good for a laugh.

Jenny Creed

May 7, 2008
Zombies Ate My Neighbors isn't based on any specific movie, but it's certainly movie based. And it kicks butt for the generations.

Also, Alien 3 and Stargate and possibly the Super Star Wars series are pretty underestimated.

In short, SNES had the best movie games. :D

Lemony

May 2, 2008
Sigh... There have been (in my opinion) NO games that come from movies that were good. Other than maybe Goldeneye, LotR, and possibly StarWars (which has been dragged out like a zombie and is being repeated like Van Helsing on sci-fi). They all follow a story line which you already know, they voice acting is most likely horrible, and they overall just plain suck. Flame me for all you want but its the TRUTH!

Hendar23

Feb 25, 2008
Alien Vs Predator was awesome. Pity Vista doesn't like it. Grrr. AvP2 sucked.

Robocop Vs The Terminator and the Genesis/Megadrive was fun, as was Alien3 (I think someone mentioned that one)

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
- Alien versus Predator 1 and 2 come to mind, though they're technically based on any of the movies but rather more based on the Alien and Predator Universe.(games were released years before Paul Anderson decided to make the movie)

The games were really descent First Person Shooters and honerable momenst is the horror-themed FPS the game is when playing the Marine campaign or when exploring the Alien-infested lairs even as a Predator (those facehuggers are the 1-hit-1-kill equivalent of Half-Lifes headcrabs, only a fuck-a-ton faster and they can climb any surface/wall/ceiling...)
I also recall the game having pretty descent and interesting Multiplayer.

- The Matrix: Path of Neo

Now this game while not being among the best shooters out there; compared to it's predecessor 'Enter the Matrix' - it wasn't bad. Interesting concept, it was pretty descent on the X-box.
While the gameplay was a tad broken a time the game offered some interesting levels, interesting skills and abilities and offering just an average shooter which isn't bad at all compared to all the other Movie-Licensed games out there.

- Robocop the Arcade game

This is aclassical shooter that I remember liking back in teh days of the arcades.
I rememeber the game being ported to NES and some other systems and I can't say how well those are, but the arcade game was nice. It was a basic sidescrolling shooter that had all the gameplay elements you'd expect.