Movie based games that are good

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
Video games based on movies have a bad track record; most of them suck, it's the law or something. Bad movies tend to have bad games and good movies tend to have surprisingly bad games.

To my mind, the Godfather game is only movie based game that doesn't suck something awful. What do you guys think?

Eyclonus

Apr 12, 2008
I think that lists all of them.

Oh wait, if all the violence of 300 appealed to you immensely, if you like cleaving your way through legions of slaves in only a cape and loincloth then 300: March to Glory for PSP is a good choice. Overall its the game is a simplistic version of God Of War, but it is much better than most movie games.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
The Demo for "The Bourne Conspiracy" was pretty good. Not great, but good. If the game is exactly as the Demo, then it should be good as well.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
In the history of video games, only 2 movie-based games where great.
Second place-The Warriors-Not only it went back to explain why the Warriors had so many enemies, but the beat-em-up style gameplay with many perks made it different from the rest,
First place-Goldeneye 007-Need I say more?

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Razzle Bathbone said:
I heard some of the Lord of the Rings games were pretty good.
I didn't really like the 'Arcadey' feel of The two Towers and Return of the king, I would've liked it if it had tried to run the levels together instead of throwing you back to the menu screen every 10 minutes, but then it would've been less obvious you were winning extras.

Razzle Bathbone

Sep 12, 2007
Most of those good things I heard were in relation to the RTS games, not the action-adventure ones. Didn't play them though, so I can't vouch for the truth of it.

hollow-soull

May 1, 2008
Most of the movie games i have played turned out to be really bad. The only one that really didnt dissapoint me was Godfather, but that still got a bit tedious after the first hour of game play.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
IRONMAN looks pretty good.
Played Iron Man on PS2 & PSP......sucks, maybe theres more on offer on the 360 version, the clip I watched saw Iron Man grab an incoming missile then throwing it back.

Which reminds me...

I loved Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (ok ok not based on the film but the game that WAS based on it should be stricken from the history books! David Banner stealth levels ftl!)

Surely honourable mention must go to Spiderman 2 on PS2! (Death to Spiderman 3, the game AND the movie!)

Agreed on the Goldeneye thing, I bought an N64 purely for that gorgeous bit of code! Perfect Dark a nice follow up by...was it Rare? (can't be bothered to open up a new tab for Google)

alci-phil

May 15, 2008
the spider-man game's were pretty cool but were nearly impossible to clear.
except the third one, that was too easy.

Najal

Apr 12, 2008
a can vouch for riddick's excellence. Neck-snapping prison-escaping shotgun-toting night-vision fun all round.

CatAttack

May 15, 2008
the only games based on movies iv come across that are any good are the james bond FPS's they were quite decent

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
Batman motherfuckin' Returns for the NES. Not only is it one of the best games for the NES, it's also a damn movie-game.

mitsoxfan

Feb 12, 2008
Lightbulb said:
Arcticflame said:
Yeah that was supposed to be good. Played the demo but wasn't in an FPS mood. Heard good things though.
Escape from Butcher Bay, though, really wasn't based on a movie. It was sort of a tie in between two movies. So, I'm not sure it exactly counts. But yes, it was very good.

GoldenEye sort of, but only because of the multiplayer. The actual game itself, I thought, was "meh".

I'd also say a SLEW of Star Wars based games. Direct adaptations (other than maybe Lego) aside, some of the spin offs were very good, like the Jedi Knight series.

What's worse, though: Moveis based on games, or games based on movies (let's leave Uwe Ball out of it, because he just skews the curve)?