Movie Defense Force: Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Blunderboy said:
I'd forgotten all about this film.
It's a shame Micheal couldn't bring Sam along, he's used to spooky happenings in the woods.

That picture perfectly represents my facial expression after seeing the first Blair Witch. I was 11 and I already wanted to become an alcoholic because of it.

Best quote from the first one:

"Fuck"

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
I have to admit that I also quite like this film. Sure, it's no masterpiece, but as a horror film aficionado (I go through the horror section of local video stores alphabetically over time and get anything I haven't already seen) it is far far better than almost any horror film sequel in existence (not counting Evil Dead here). If anyone's seen Amityville Dollhouse you'll know what I'm talking about as far as terrible films go. Most shocking moment of that film was a woman masturbating whilst thinking about her son (now that's something you don't see everyday).

As said in the review/defense, the film was panned because it had 'Blair Witch' in the title. Hell, I actually saw this film before I saw the original so to me it was all completely new material.

Hell, one of the primary reasons I saw it was the goth chick (hot damn I've always had something for goth chicks - Fairuza Balk, I'm looking at you. RIGHT NOW.

EDIT:
AWAR said:
Anybody remember the Blair Witch videogames? ;)
Why yes, yes I do. Only played the one where you're that girl paranormal investigator who goes out there in 1930 or so. Holy Christ ... not many games where the 'hero' ends up massacring a whole town and then blowing her own brains out. Made it more memorable than the original movie if you ask me.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I didn't have much interest in watching this because of the name. I agree, had it been titled something else it probably would have done okay. I actually did rent it though at one point and I didn't think it was that bad really. It was a little dry and boring at times, but the acting and quality seemed decent enough. If I remember correct there was a suggestion at the end of the movie to watch it while playing it in reverse to see hidden things.

Matthew Abbott

Jan 13, 2013
Mmm...I will acknowledge that if Book of Shadows weren't attached to the Blair Witch franchise no one would be talking about how bad a film it is. In point of fact, no one would be talking about it at all. It wasn't horrible, but it was painfully mundane. About as rote a horror film as could be produced from the bowels of 90's horror. All in all I give the film a C-/D+