Movie Defense Force: Hulk - You Won't Like Me When I'm Ang Lee

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It has more character development in the first half than in the entire Ed Norton movie, and more action and explosions in the second half than in the entire Ed Norton movie. It's main failing was that it didn't blend the two throughout, which is really unfortunate because I think it had potential to be a great movie, instead of a very flawed but interesting movie. It also had some ridiculous looking creatures and effects, but I was willing to go along with it because the Hulk is somewhat inherently ridiculous.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
So, how does this work? You did not watch this movie when it came out nor in the following dozen years, but somehow it was worth defending due to popular request.
So, you watched it actively looking for redeeming qualities knowing that you were trying to defend it? Did these qualities popped up "honestly" after having digested the whole ensamble? What if you had not found any of these redeeming points (be them forced or honest): would an episode had not been made despite popular demand?
Sorry Jimothy, I hope I am not coming across as negatively critisising your work or you; just intrigued as how your thought process works in defense of a film you have just seen.
Thanks

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
It's too bad a new Movie Defense Force actually DOES NOT APPEAR EVERY THURSDAY as promised. You really need to change that little line at the bottom to "should but won't necessarily appear on schedule, don't hold your breath, Jim is busy." Doing what? Arranging the dolls on his podium?

Wait. Jim isn't ill, is he?

Steve2911

May 3, 2010
The only thing I really remember about the film (other than the dog fight and the starfish) is that the climax was genuinely unwatchable in the cinema. As in it was so dark, foggy and chaotic that I literally couldn't tell what was going on, and couldn't physically see what I was supposed to be looking at.

LenticularHomicide

Oct 24, 2013
gridsleep said:
It's too bad a new Movie Defense Force actually DOES NOT APPEAR EVERY THURSDAY as promised. You really need to change that little line at the bottom to "should but won't necessarily appear on schedule, don't hold your breath, Jim is busy." Doing what? Arranging the dolls on his podium?

Wait. Jim isn't ill, is he?
Uh, Movie Defense Force is a fortnightly feature. What it actually says on the bottom of the videos, since its inception, is:

New episodes of Movie Defense Force appear every other Thursday only on The Escapist.