Movie Defense Force: Maniac Cop - A Cop That Kills People? CRAZY!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I always felt Bruce Campbell was shoved in this movie just to get his name attached, since he's barely in it and doesn't do much except cheat on his wife and get arrested when he is. The old cop with the moustache is really the main hero for most of the movie, as he's the one actually investigating shit.

Still a fun enough movie and the Maniac Cop himself still strikes a very intimidating figure.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Tune in next week for an even crazier premise! After one too many twitter shitstorms, a games critic on the edge finally snaps and begins to produce content that beats people over the head with a point... To death! He is... THE ARTICULATOR!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Havnt watched this movie in a while, but still dont think it needs defending - its a solid slasher movie. But wasnt the Cop a good cop until he was sent to prison by crooked police and cut up in the shower an then he turned into a killer afterwards? Maybe im not remembering the Maniac Cop movies well. Well have to rewatch them on the weekend.

Also remember them wanting to remake this movie a few years ago but i guess nothing has happened on that front. Or did i completely miss its release?

Clunks

Apr 21, 2010
So there I was, staring at the title and wondering why Jim would pick this, of all movies, to showcase on Movie Defence Force. "Nobody outside the target audience has anything to say about this, positive or negative, so why defend it at all?" I thought to myself.

And then I watched the episode.

Jimothy, you are wonderful in all that you say and do and I promise I will never doubt you again.

DrBonBon

Sep 14, 2011
I actually enjoy the sequel way more. Especially the shoot out at the police station. Almost puts Terminator's shootout to shame.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I am going to need a truckload of Asprin to get over the headache I have from Jim beating me over the head with his message. Last time that happened on MDF was when he talked about Uwe Boll's mass murderer movie.

But now I'm curious how Maniac Cop ends.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
Maniac Cop - A Cop That Kills People? CRAZY!

The most fantastical fantasy film ever, this one!

Watch Video
Fantastic video as always Jim. My only complaint is that I was at times distracted by this niggling feeling that I was missing something, that there was something, some brand of true, understated subtlety underlining the whole affair.

I have no idea what it could possibly be though.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Mmm, you can really taste the smug sarcasm can't you? Well, since this was in response to recent events, perhaps everyone should respond to this video the same way the people in Missouri are. WOOOO!!! Let's go looting! PS4 here I come!

CrazyCajun777

Apr 2, 2013
Dear Jim,

I like the idea of the show, and several of the episodes. However, it is ones like this that I distain. I get the humor, but I think you go to far. Not that the subject material is taboo, but rather you get so caught up in the jokes, or in this case joke, that you forget to really defend the movie. Yes, I understand the joke that cops in america can be violent and jerks ect. However, it felt like you got so caught up in that one joke that you forgot to truly do the film justice in defense. Double Dragon was in a similar style and is still my least favorite episode. Maybe it's just me, but I felt I should say something because I do generally like the show, but episodes like this can become too over saturated with sarcasm to the point that your just making the same joke over and over again rather than defending the movie. That is at least how I feel. Thank you for your time.