Movie Defense Force: Street Fighter

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
I HATE this movie! But Jim made some great points. Last time I tried to sit through it, I got 2/3rds of the way in and quit. Maybe I'll try it one more time and ignore Street Fighter canon.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
So Street Fighter is kinda related to Silent Hill 4: The Room? Both could work well on their own, but are overshadowed by a strong name.

Aitamen

Dec 6, 2011
I really enjoyed this, as a take on the franchise and the characters... knowing that it was tangential, like the Tekken 2010, the first Mortal Kombat, or the Super Mario Bros. movie (which, despite being "alternative", has always kinda been headcanon, especially after MovieBob put all that into words for me), it was just fun.

Even as a 'cadie, I really don't know what I would've preferred them to do with it. At the time, I was happy to have gaming have something "mainstream", even if it was bad. Now, I like the cheese and yeah, calling it the 90s in a can doesn't bother me in the slightest.

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
This was a bad movie, it wasn't even fun, but if the producers were to make the movie without the Street Fighter name it would have worked much better as a movie. I could even see it become a cult classic. Much like the terrible movie "The Room" became. Ohh... by the way do "The Room".

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Missed the best line in the movie.

Not "It was Tuesday", Not "Of Course!" but...

Oh...oh I always forget that line...that line is actually, legitimately hilarious.

I was a fan of Charlie's face after Guile calls him out as someone for Bison to focus on...

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
I have this on blu-ray, yet have not watched it. I need to rectify this error so that my genetic destiny might be fulfilled.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Jim sees this movie as one that was saved by Raul Julia's performance, I only see it as a sad note, that this ended up being the capstone on an otherwise brilliant and prolific film career.

Mortal Kombat, I could get behind. Street Fighter, sorry, is just a bridge too far.

Arppis

May 28, 2011
I love this film. It's funny and entertaining. Sometimes that's enough. :)