Movie Defense Force: Texas Chainsaw Massacre - A Remake Better Than The Original

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Haven't seen the original. The remake I did see and I really liked it. Thought it was creepy as hell, especially the scene where the sheriff wants one of the guys to talk him through what happened in the car. Thought it was terrifying.

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
I saw this before seeing the original and I have to agree with you. I preferred it. The prequel isn't too bad either.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
The original was just so visceral and raw. Something about the original made me sick to my stomach. It was gritty and low budget, and that worked to its advantage.

The remake felt a bit too clean and familiar.

Altho I do agree with the points in this video. However, overall the original's roughness works better for it.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
The original was just so visceral and raw. Something about the original made me sick to my stomach. It was gritty and low budget, and that worked to its advantage.

Altho I do agree with the points in this video. However, overall the original's roughness works better for it.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
With the original i hated the whole non stop screaming at the end. Got annoying and started to wish for leatherface to run faster to kill them. lol. Still a good movie though. The remake is good for the characters, that police guy is such an arsehole that he is awesome. How he uses his police badge to control people. SPOLIER NEXT

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
He isnt a policeman, he took the uniform off a dead policeman in the prequel.

small

Aug 5, 2014
the original is horrific for a lot of reasons, they captured the oppressive summer, because well it was filmed in the middle of it, the looks of shocked disgust on the cast members, that wasnt acting, the leather face costume, well the actor had to wear it for all the shooting, in the middle of summer for week and it couldnt be washed, the actor in the wheel chair, well hes apparently a nice guy in real life but got so into the role the cast hated him.

as for the film itself, it created the splatter genre of films, its raw, full on, some crappy low budget 70's acting and was one of the first horror movies where most of the action was shown during the day not at night.

that said on its own merits the remake is a great film