Movie-Game Maker Brash Entertainment Shutting Down

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Movie-Game Maker Brash Entertainment Shutting Down

Rumors are flying hot and heavy that troubled movie-game maker Brash Entertainment [http://www.brashent.com/] will be closing its doors tomorrow after the departure of several key management figures and the loss of financial backing.

Jumper: Griffin's Story [http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2008/11/brash-officiall.html], were rushed in development to take advantage of movie tie-ins that perhaps weren't as successful as people had hoped, and the decidedly half-baked results met with merciless derision from critics.

Tull's departure was apparently the final straw for the money men who had committed $400 million in backing to the company just over a year ago. Those investors have now reportedly pulled out, leaving the company high and dry; Brash confirmed the layoff of 20 employees last week and has been trying to offload some of its licenses to relieve the financial strain, but it appears to be all for naught. And as the saying goes, no cash means no Brash.

The fate all those licenses Brash had accumulated in its year-and-a-half of operation, including The Tale of Desperaux [http://www.whoisjigsaw.com/] - assuming the studio does shut down - is unknown. With a little bit of luck, they'll find homes at new developers; on the other hand, with a lot of luck they'll just disappear from sight and we won't have to put up with yet another round of crappy movie games that nobody cares about.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
:-( Night at the museum 2? Another pointless sequel too add to the not gonna watch list.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I tested some Brash games (not by choice).

Good riddance.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
They only made games based on movies? Sucks for them to have lost their jobs, but really not a loss to the gaming community.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I understand their need to be brash considering the crap they are trying to sell : P

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
It was very brash of them to name themselves Brash. But on the otherhand, it was apt. No one likes people who behave brashly.

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Hey, maybe Uwe Boll could open a development studio and pick up those titles....

Rezer

Nov 13, 2008
You know, those guys had a license to a Saw game. That could have the potential to be the goriest Puzzle game ever. And, in crappy hands, like these people, it could probably be something like Tetris with limbs.
Can you imagine? "Damn it! I need a long Arm piece or this row will never go away! Oh come on! Another Torso?! I'll have to shove this over with the Kidney and the Disjointed Shins."
Or a Saw game on the Wii? Oh man, talk about a shit storm of concerned parents and naive news anchors.

PsyberGoth

Nov 9, 2008
Man, I hate movie tie-in games. They pollute the industry and take up valuable television advertising space, which could be used for good games, like Portal, or Fallout 3