Movie Ideas You'd Love To See

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I've been on a Miles Morales kick lately, and I fully blame the recent video game release for that.

So I was thinking after watching clips from Into the Spiderverse (ItSV), that what I'd love to see, would be another Into the Spiderverse film, but focused on Gwen. And as an extra layer, have the multi-dimensional stuff evolve a bit to be more like Sense8.

Since Gwen's character flaw as established in ItSV, is that she's isolated herself from attachments to people. Due to grief over losing a friend, and as a defense mechanism to prevent future pain. So I think it would be really neat to have the crux of her story, be about her opening up more(it's hinted at in ItSV, but not fully realized as it's not her film), and actually becoming someone with connections to the rest of the world. And have that struggle manifest in the story, via an internal multi-verse connection beginning to manifest.

Basically run the first half of the film, as basically the first several episodes of Sense8, where she randomly has hiccups where she's experiencing someone else's reality, or they bleed into hers. I had a funny idea for a scene where she's at a restaurant or whatever, and is sitting at the bar getting food, feeling morose and depressed, and the bartender comes up to her to take her order. They ask "what can I getcha?" And suddenly, the scene goes black and white around her, and Nicolas Cage's voice bleeds in saying something like "Whiskey, enough whiskey to drown out the sorrows of a thousand lifetimes of regret." Cue sad jazz saxaphone, wind sounds, rain, the works. Then Gwen blinks and shakes it off, and the bartender just looks at Gwen like "um...I'm gonna have to see your ID first." Cut to shots of her bleeding into Peter B's life, possibly in the middle of a domestic nightmare for him, like crazy children and mid diaper change or something. Hilarity ensues.

Ultimately, the villain is...whatever I don't really have that part fleshed out, and it's honestly not that significant to what's going on in my head, as the crux is Gwen's development. But have it be some kind of multiverse attack, that can threaten all the realities or something. The various Spiderpeople culminate in a flickering battle with the villain, splicing in moments where Gwen is replaced by the other Spiders, as they help her fight. It's still physically her, but she's tapping into their varied skill set of combat, to keep the villain off balance. That by the end, they've basically developed a way to mind meld, similar to the various characters from Dune, that were a hive mind. But in this case, it's something they can turn on/off if they wish.

The shot of the climax is from the viewpoint of the villain, on the ground, looking up at Gwen, as she rises to her feet after some finishing move. As she rises, the flickering of the other Spiders make the shot a collage of all of them, rising together in defiance of him. Then they finish with a statement, echoed by all of them at once, and the voice tracks are given a stentorian, echoing effect, as they declare to him, that New York is THEIRS, and if ANY of them threaten it, they will face ALL of them. And thinking that, I just thought it would be neat for the villain to be part of some group of villains, across the multiverses perhaps, thus why Gwen and the others make the declaration, to all of them. "Fuck with New York, you fuck with Us, and we will Fuck You Up." , to try and prevent similar stuff in the future.

Resolution, Gwen is able to open up again in her own reality, establish friends and relationships, and also confident in the knowledge that no matter what, she's got the rest of the Spider cluster with her, whenever she needs them.

So yeah, that's my short version script summary of what I'd like to see with another Spiderverse film.

So what film ideas would you like to see that are basically just a fan fiction script in your head, but you think would be awesome?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
For YEARS I’ve wanted a continuation of Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles that actual adheres as closely to the books as Interview With The Vampire did. The atrocity that was Queen of the Damned not only skipped the [arguably] best and next book of the series that is The Vampire Lestat, it tried to “update” it for the times, and it was utter shit, getting so much wrong, the author herself pulled her name from the marketing and pretty much shot any further film adaptations in the ass.

Also, I’d love to see film adaptations of Rice’s Witches Chronicles. The first book alone has a history of the Mayfair family and their experience with a single spirit spread out over 400 pages; the sum total of all three books could easily make a good 4-5 movie run.

Reactions: gorfias

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
A sequel to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Gimme some of that steampunk Avengers...

Yes, Sean Connery is dead, but there's nothing that requires his character to be there in the lore.
Well I mean hell, it's comic books, and his character actually is established to be able to be resurrected. Remember that whole thing about his character and the African shaman blessing him for his help. I mean the last shot is his hand bursting out of his grave to clutch his rifle. So it would entirely in character for them to literally resurrect the character, and say he looks different because ancient magical forces revived him at his prime or whatever. Or you know, just don't acknowledge that he looks different at all, and just pick another "Slightly beyond his prime, but still in decent shape" actor to play the part, and just roll with it.

But yeah, I actually rather enjoyed LoEG when it came out, and really just didn't understand the vitriol it got. A sequel to that would be fun as hell I think.

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Well I mean hell, it's comic books, and his character actually is established to be able to be resurrected. Remember that whole thing about his character and the African shaman blessing him for his help. I mean the last shot is his hand bursting out of his grave to clutch his rifle. So it would entirely in character for them to literally resurrect the character, and say he looks different because ancient magical forces revived him at his prime or whatever. Or you know, just don't acknowledge that he looks different at all, and just pick another "Slightly beyond his prime, but still in decent shape" actor to play the part, and just roll with it.

But yeah, I actually rather enjoyed LoEG when it came out, and really just didn't understand the vitriol it got. A sequel to that would be fun as hell I think.
Technically, the hand bursting was cut from the release. And while I think you could replace the actor, I think a digital cameo would be a better option given how the series kind of went on hiatus and I'm not even sure any of the other actors would be on board...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Technically, the hand bursting was cut from the release. And while I think you could replace the actor, I think a digital cameo would be a better option given how the series kind of went on hiatus and I'm not even sure any of the other actors would be on board...
Really? Because I only recall seeing it in the theater, and I'm pretty sure the hand bursting was in it. *shrugs* But I mean that's fairly inconsequential to the character of Alan Quartermane. They established he can't stay dead, due to ancient magics, and clearly showed, hand bursting or not, what is intended to suggest him being resurrected to "continue the fight." So there is plenty of precedent in the movie for him coming back.

I disagree that a digital cameo would be better, as that would limit the character to well...a cameo. I guess it depends on what the character lineup will be. If you're changing the entire roster for the League, then sure, just make a reference or whatever. But if we're going to bring back the entire cast, frankly at this point, they'd probably need entirely new actors for everyone. Which I don't really mind, if the script is good, it really doesn't matter the actor you plug into a role, if they are talented. That's why millions of actors have played the same roles through the years, and all done equally well, because the character is well written.

For me at least, none of the actors were irreplaceable in their portrayal of those characters. The characters are almost public domain they are so old, and have been reimagined so many times, that frankly anyone could do them. I found them good, don't get me wrong, but nothing about their performances were iconic to me.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I've been saying it for years and I will keep saying it until a studio executive sees it:

Karl Urban as Dash Rendar in a Shadow of the Empire movie! And throw in Sebastian Stan as Luke Skywalker.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
A Streets of Rage film or Final Fight film set in their exact time periods as period pieces. They can be animated or live-action, I don't care.

SOR would take place in 1991 and have the appropriate dance and techno music of the era. You'd be getting Soul II Soul, Technotronic, Snap etc. Yet, would hear songs from the original game's soundtrack. It does not have to be a straight up adaption of the first game and can contain elements of the second game. This movie is a throwback to action/martial-arts-vigilante films of the late 80s/early 90s. The kind you would see late nights on Cinemax, Showtime, HBO, or straight to VHS. It will be a colorful looking film too. Not just your typical neon blue and pink (which would fit Final Fight better) nor orange and blue contrast. The characters: Adam, Axel, and Blaze will have some of their Ki/Elemental powers, but not as powerful. The film won't have a too grounded tone, and will be the right kind of serious and fun without the "Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge." obnoxiousness. Some minor gunplay could be involved, but nothing fancy and more of basic/last resort type deal. Skate and Max will be in the film and active too, but I am still figuring that out.

Final Fight would be a more straight forward adaption that could work as a stand alone, but imply the events of SFI happened. I would not like to say a Capcom Cinematic Universe, but I would not mind seeing Captain Commando getting an adaption too, considering they all take place in the same universe. Final Fight would take place in 1989 and have the appropriate music for that era too. So mainly hard rock and hair metal would be the theme with some occasional jazz. Hell, just use the soundtrack from Final Fight CD and the job is mostly done.

A true adaption of Sonic 1, animated, and hand drawn. A quick origin, and no dimension hopping with a fucking human sidekick no one asked for! A film with just straight up Sonic and Robotnik, but with small hints of other characters whereabouts. IE Amy (canonically she met Sonic first), Tails, and Knuckles. Then after that we get the Sonic CD movie, which will be called Sonic and the Planet of Time and Space. Next we get to Sonic 2, and then finally Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That's all I got.

A sequel to Ninja Assassin that sees Raizo fighting or joining up with other various ninjas or clans. Just add in more supernatural elements. Mika (Europol agent) would be in it too. The movie would just be Ninja Gaiden, but a few things changed. I also want demons in the film. Why? Just cuz!

Reactions: happyninja42

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
A sequel to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Gimme some of that steampunk Avengers...

Yes, Sean Connery is dead, but there's nothing that requires his character to be there in the lore.
Quatermain rejuvenates in the comics to his younger self, so if you wanted to have incredibly bad taste about it you could simply recast the role with a mere handwave.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Quatermain rejuvenates in the comics to his younger self, so if you wanted to have incredibly bad taste about it you could simply recast the role with a mere handwave.
Would it be bad taste though? I mean it's hardly the first time they've recast a character. James Bond was recast what, 5 times after Connery? Spiderman's been recast a multitude when you consider the various different media. And the character is established to reincarnate or whatever. It doesn't seem in bad taste to me. I mean nobody gives a shit about League, and consider it a terrible film. So bad that the criticism of it (and the filming of it) are why Sean stopped acting. So if anyone suddenly rises up in protest for the integrity of Alan Quartermain, simply because Sean, well, I feel that's really more in bad taste, after years of mocking the role.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Movie ideas I'd like to see made:

Name: Numbers Up

Elevator Pitch: John Wu action film meets Final destination and Constantine

Premise:

Detective Leiu is investigating a drugs gang using catacombs under a cathedral / Abby to conduct deals. Seeing a deal doing down and only a few of crminals about he goes in to catch them before his back up has arrived. A shoot out occurs and Leiu seemingly is doing fine but one of the gang looks to be about to get lucky. As Leiu watches the gun fire and the bullet coming towards him in slow motion the bullet suddenly seemingly hits something in mid air and ricochets off shocking the other gang members long enough for Leiu to take them out.

He walks up into the abby / cathedral and sits on one of the pews contemplating what just happened when he hears a commotion outside. A van comes blowing through the wall nearby and Leiu just manages to dodge it jumping onto the back of the pew, the van with seemingly no driver the stars plowing through the pews after him nearly hitting him but stopping just before it does with him lying on the floor just in front of it. Looking up he sees a large black figure (a literal angel of death) fly up to a light fitting thing above his head and strike at it causing it to fall nearly hitting him but he rolls out the way just in time. Leiu gets to his feet and runs out of the abby / cathedral. As he's trying to absorb what just happened his back up arrives along with a priest who gives him a packages and says it was left with a note to deliver it to Detective Leiu. Inside is some kind of charm thing and a note saying to put it on and all will be explained at a certain address.

The film has Leiu slowly finds out that basically an angel or something like that saved his life because they need his help. Having Leiu fight dark forces while also having to try and avoid being killed by the Angel of Death determined to correct what it sees as a mistake that happened with him surviving the shootout at the start of the film. Basically creates a good excuse for floors collapsing when the protagonist walks on them, things exploding action film style plus supernatural demon hunting stuff.

Name : Already Zead

Elevator Pitch: Basically a Suicide mission team in the Zombie apocalypse.

Premise: The Zombie Apocalypse has happened, humanity has fallen but has managed to cling on. Pockets of humanity manage to survive in various places and have tried to establish some kind of life to attempt to rebuild. Zombies are still a threat but colonies have found various ways to avoid hordes ending up on their doorsteps. The film focuses on one of the remaining settlements build off and around an old prison complex or similar.

To ensure the whole colony survives new arrivals are checked thoroughly for zombie bites (in this one the virus only spreads via bites and randomly activates an progresses rapidly rather than deterioration). Anyone free from bite marks is allowed into the general population. Those with bite marks are separated and live on the outskirts of the colony in a secure area, loves ones separated this way may choose to re-unite but those who do have to stay in the outskirts area too.

The arrangement is pretty simple:

The colony supplies the outskirts ones (known as the marked) with food / water / basic supplies etc they can produce an keeps the people alive.

The people in the outskirts area live basically a prison wing as such with each room electronically locking once the door is closed behind a person when they choose to close it so if one of them turns in the night they won't kill others in there and will just be trapped essentially in their cells. Each day there's one of the foot soldiers / army guys who goes into the area and wakes everyone up for the day ahead.

The people in the Outskirts, those suspected to be infected, act as highly co-ordinated teams for the colony going out into the wilds to scavenge parts and supplies etc. The idea being already having been bitten they are already marked for death as such so being bitten more isn't a huge issue and they can take risk. The idea being better to die helping the colony survive than die trying to survive alone, the marked are considered heroes in their own right in the colony for their sacrifice.

The film would focus a fair bit on character and focus mostly exploring a team made up of the marked as they live in the outskirts and go out on missions. Them being separated from family members potentially or the feelings of guilt of having potentially also condemned loved ones who have chosen to join them in the Outskirts and the Suicide Mission team. It would also have them talk about this rumour of some people being immune to the virus or trying to cope with knowing their time is very limited now. Relationships forming and the complications such relationships could bring.

You don't really even need to digital it.

Just have him appear as a character in shadow who helps the new team out sometimes. Just have some-one who has the vague sort of look / height required to basically stand face in shadow and vanish from view when spotted by the team.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I want to see a movie where a military squad stumbles across an ancient holy site and, as a consequence for trespassing, gets hunted and killed, one by one, by supernatural beings who are taking on the shape and physical limitations of humans.

So they can't just zap the soldiers out of existence, they just have omniscience as an advantage.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I once had an idea for a movie, where the basic premise is that someone is stuck in an elevator for the entire run of a movie. I was inspired by a story where someone experienced this for a weekend. I don't know if it can be made compelling so it's a fun writing exercise if nothing else.

The story such as I imagine it would be that someone is working for an overbearing boss and desperately needs to get some documents to work with during the weekend. While entering the elevator, another guy(a stranger) arrives to deliver a package which is headed to the same floor. Then the elevator gets stuck, and the two men in the elevator gets to talk and discuss tactics to get out of their predicament. I'm thinking non-working emergency buttons, cellphones out of battery, climbing into the shaft to reach nearest door. After a while they would examine the contents of the package and discover that it actually contains a bomb that's set to blow up, so they'd have some bomb defusal while the stranger claims he didn't know it was a bomb, which our hero gets to doubt. Eventually they'll reach the conclusion that if the people behind the bomb realize that it didn't blew up when it should have they would probably deliver another bomb, so they have a ticking clock mechanic to get out and warn people.

With enough character work I think it could be compelling, although it is very bare bones right now.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

That is just evil. And so exciting. Yes, I would love an Extraordinary sequel! The first badly maligned. Much better than you average movie going experience.

Who the heck was disappointed with this!?!??!

I once had an idea for a movie, where the basic premise is that someone is stuck in an elevator for the entire run of a movie. I was inspired by a story where someone experienced this for a weekend. I don't know if it can be made compelling so it's a fun writing exercise if nothing else.

The story such as I imagine it would be that someone is working for an overbearing boss and desperately needs to get some documents to work with during the weekend. While entering the elevator, another guy(a stranger) arrives to deliver a package which is headed to the same floor. Then the elevator gets stuck, and the two men in the elevator gets to talk and discuss tactics to get out of their predicament. I'm thinking non-working emergency buttons, cellphones out of battery, climbing into the shaft to reach nearest door. After a while they would examine the contents of the package and discover that it actually contains a bomb that's set to blow up, so they'd have some bomb defusal while the stranger claims he didn't know it was a bomb, which our hero gets to doubt. Eventually they'll reach the conclusion that if the people behind the bomb realize that it didn't blew up when it should have they would probably deliver another bomb, so they have a ticking clock mechanic to get out and warn people.

With enough character work I think it could be compelling, although it is very bare bones right now.
Kinda been done (movie about people stuck on an elevator) but got bad reviews...

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Most lifts are basically faraday cages so I doubt you'd get signal anyway. Though it's been a while since I've been in a lift an I don't think I've ever ended up using my phone in one.

The rest of it sounds good though. I mean I kind of want a twist ending though where It turns out the Boss was about to be replaced and the guy coming in to get stuff whose basically been the bosses assistant all this time is about to be selected by the board as they consider the present boss to be incompetent so all the thing is one big set up by the guys boss to get rid of his potential replacement.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
I'd like to see a space elevator still standing at the end of a any film. Most don't seem to survive the their introductory scene.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
These fan made trailers had the right idea for what I wanted in a Streets of Rage move.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyninja42

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Most lifts are basically faraday cages so I doubt you'd get signal anyway. Though it's been a while since I've been in a lift an I don't think I've ever ended up using my phone in one.

The rest of it sounds good though. I mean I kind of want a twist ending though where It turns out the Boss was about to be replaced and the guy coming in to get stuff whose basically been the bosses assistant all this time is about to be selected by the board as they consider the present boss to be incompetent so all the thing is one big set up by the guys boss to get rid of his potential replacement.

I can get perfect signal in one of my work buildings in any lift or basement level. But, that's because the building has internal boosters installed for mobile phone signal. You get a master antenna on the roof and then basically pump it out in overlapping fields like wifi. I assume though that this system is really uncommon.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble