Movie Trailers: Atlas Shrugged, Part Two - Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Atlas Shrugged, Part Two - Trailer

If only John Galt had a Facebook account they wouldn't have all this trouble finding him.

Watch Video

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
wouldn't it be nice if they made a movie where altruism doesn't change into oppressive communism, and where the self-rightious "liberators" just don't wanna share?

I dunno, to me, it just seems this kinda thing has been done before, albeit a different angle.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Actually, it's the rare movie that shows anyone involved with a big corporation as something other than some king of baby-raping, utterly corrupt bastard. And besides, Hollywood wouldn't so much as touch these movies (for rather obvious reasons), so I think the stray independent movie now and then that shows a left-wing government as the bad guys isn't going to drastically change the cultural zeitgeist.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Dear MovieBob: Please take this waste of celluloid and jam it in to an industrial-sized Cuisinart in an upcoming review.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Mannhammer said:
So, is Bioshock the video game version of the movie?
Not even close. :p

OT: Why is there another one? Just... Why? The original did terribly, both with audiences and with critics. What demanded they make a sequel that will undoubtedly end up the same as the first? Masochism? A severe hatred of money and success? I just don't get it...

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I'm not even remotely interested in anything so steeped in 1920s economics and philosophy. The fact that there's been an attempt to modernise it especially does not sit well with me. These philosophies are outdated, proven wrong, and a product of greedy fantasies of endless growth in a world where resources remain, in truth, very limited.

Mannhammer said:
No, BioShock is actually an example of the failings of any world made based on Ayn Rand's philosophy. So that would oppose it to any book by her, and by extension any movie based on said book.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Aaron Foltz said:
Never really liked this dude's books.
Its a she actually.

Also did the first one do really well on streaming or will the third film be filmed with card board sets. Though it would make an interesting way of showing the lose of reality in the film.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Combustion Kevin said:
I dunno, to me, it just seems this kinda thing has been done before, albeit a different angle.
The book that this film was based upon was written in 1957.

Mannhammer said:
Andrey Ryan's character was inspired by this book, as was his philosophy.

exobook said:
Aaron Foltz said:
Never really liked this dude's books.
Its a she actually.
You honestly thought that they didn't know that?