Movie Trailers: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - Trailer

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Thoric485 said:
Bring on Gingerbread Man: Werewolf Slayer.
Badass Gingerbread Man? Been done, seen it. Quite fun.

http://sugar.snafu-comics.com/comics/080306_sugar.jpg
Sugar Bits by Bleedman on http://www.snafu-comics.com/

OT:
This actually looks like fun little movie. Definitely won't make your brain hurt, but neither did Avengers, ey? For what it might be (eg. nonsense action comedy) looks good enough.

And what's with that hate for Van Hellsing? If you forget how they butchered titular character from aging scholar to gun-toting action hero, it's quite fun :)

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Titan Buttons said:
Le_Lisra said:
I don't know what to say.

Didn't people learn from Van Helsing?
They learnt what not to do so whatever they try next should be better........I hope.
Doubtful.. but hey, it's just a trailer. Maybe the actual movie will be good, who can say now.

sunsetspawn

Jul 25, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Not a fan of guns in my fantasy genre really.
Exactly, the setting is supposed to be old and magical.

Putting guns in a Grimm fairy tale is like putting guns in Fable; they're both stupid ideas that came from people who can't get their heads out of their asses.

IN FACT, if you consider that Fable's style was lifted straight out of Trina Schart Hyman's illustrated children's adaptations of Grimm fairy tales, well, then this shit is EXACTLY the same.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Looks terribad. A Hard Candy-esque psychological thriller Hansel and Gretel however would be AWESOME....

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
I can't wait for it to come to my cinema. I'll be able to stay at home and watch a good Korean movie instead. Yey! 2 hours of my life saved. It's so nice to be able to decide so fast NOT to see a movie.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
When will there be Little Red Riding Were-wolf Slayer?

Seems even if you're a strong female character, you're destined to be the helpless princess at some point in the story.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Grimm's Fairy Tales with the bad guys fielding gatling guns in an 18th or 19th century setting? Yeah, this has a strong Van Helsing vibe, it's bound to be hare brained, but it might just work!!!

NortherWolf

Jun 26, 2008
scw55 said:
When will there be Little Red Riding Were-wolf Slayer?

Seems even if you're a strong female character, you're destined to be the helpless princess at some point in the story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red:_Werewolf_Hunter

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
When watching this I first thought that it was an intentional satire making fun of the recurring trend of Hollywood turning historical figures/fairy tales/fantasy into overblown action flicks.

Then I thought that maybe it's more of a self-aware, silly adventure.

Then I worried that it would end up as nothing more than a so-so action flick using a recognizable name from a fairy tale despite the fact that the narrative is totally removed from the source material just so it will be noticeable.

I hope it ends up being a combination of the first two. The premise actually seems kind of fun, but it will only work if it pokes fun at itself.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
No Hollywood no! Stop You're hurting people :'(!!!!

NO MORE FAIRY TALES WITH THE CAST OF THE AVENGERS!

2014 will bring us: Cinderella starring Black Widow, Scarlett Johansson

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
This image about sums up my reaction to the trailer. I was surprised, I am not either anticipating or dreading it; I am just confused. It may be fun, it does look a little like Van Helsing, and I am a little lost for words. Then again, it's 2 am here, so that may be affecting my thought processes.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
The automatic crossbow I can buy - but... a fold-out shotgun? Gatling guns?

...when is this supposed to take place again?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
DevilWithaHalo said:
Will gladly spend a little money and time on this amusing venture.

Waiting for a Horror film with Rumplestilskin(sp?), a high octane thrill ride with the Tortoise and the Hare, and a sci-fi odyssey about Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
One of these already exists: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114306/

I saw it more than a decade ago, so I can't remember if it was any good.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I wonder how much money Trent Reznor makes from his songs being used in film trailers.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Hollywood continues to spectacularly fail at steampunk.

This could have been a fine movie with conventional weapons. But no, the film-makers have such a dismal view of its audience that they think the only way to make a movie about a "grittier, edgier" children's fairy tale is to stick in a gatling gun. Because the Matrix and Predator did it, and we're nothing if not willing to chase after cliches that are well over two decades old.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
As bad as I thought the premise was that looks like an awesome movie. Definitely want.